5 replies to this topic

#1 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

Forces affiliated with Occupy Black Rock have returned to northwest Nevada this week.  New this year is a continuous inane commentary from somebody or another as the cam pans around.  

You may, or may not, join the fun here:    www.burningman.org/event/live-webcast/.

Looks like a spectacle--and I love me a spectacle!

Foy

#2 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:45 PM

Heck, just being on the road when the burners are on the way is quite a spectacle.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#3 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

I'll bet it is quite the caravan. Not to mention the exodus next weekend.

Through poor planning and dumb luck I drove to southwestern Montana right along with hundreds of thousands of bikers as the 2002 Sturgis Rally assembled, passing through WY into the WY-SD-MT border area on Saturday night.  A week and a day later, we came back through as the Rally was breaking up on Sunday.  The "before" and "after" images were striking--lots of withered sun-scorched riders who'd been rather more buff on the way out.  I've seen some pics and videos of the Burning Man crowd headed home in all white vehicles and trailers, courtesy of alkali dust.  Not for me, that's for sure.

Foy

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

Oh, will I have a story to tell.................................................... :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

Oh, will I have a story to tell.................................................... :)

Dare I say we're all looking forward to your story!

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:41 PM

Dare I say we're all looking forward to your story!

yes, it was a tease but I expect the story will not go where many may initially imagine................. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users