Photo
- - - - -

North Cascades NP, Glacier NP, Grand Teton National Park and Wallowa Lake State Park, OR

Glacier Grand Teton North Cascades Wallowa Lake

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OregonOzzy

OregonOzzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:42 AM

Continuing our summer trips to three additional National Parks as well as visiting Wallowa Lake in NE corner of Oregon. Lots of classic airplane and car museum stops along the way. Hope you enjoy the report......

https://oregonozzy.b...in-hawk_30.html

2000 Alaskan 10' CO

2018 F-350 Extended Cab 8'

#2 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:48 AM

What a fine trip report.  It does my heart good to see an almost 11 year-old enjoying life without a screen before him. Great work, Dad!

Though it's a bit further, given your interests, you two are sure to enjoy the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, VA.  Their spring, summer, and autumn weekends are sprinkled with special exhibitions during which selected warbirds take to the air, and there are fly-alongs offered in some birds on a regular basis.  Militaryaviationmuseum dot org. Shenandoah NP is right along the way in from the West Coast and you'd pass close to Mammoth Cave and the Great Smoky Mountains NPs, too.

Thanks for sharing the trip report.

Foy

#3 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

Great trip report.  Amazing how one can drive the same route and notice and appreciate such different things!  

#4 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

I enjoyed reading, looks like a great trip. I was nuts about those old planes too when I was your son's age. Thanks for the report!

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:46 PM

I will echo what others have said, what a great trip capturing you and your son's interests! There are so many great, special stops along the way that you incorporated in your trip. Well done, and when will we get to hear your son on the piano? :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 OregonOzzy

OregonOzzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:04 AM

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am enjoying these special trips brought together courtesy of an old Hawk!

Foy, your tips on adventures further east have been safely noted. BTW we did a quick fly-in trip to your hometown looks like (Raleigh, NC) and thoroughly enjoyed our time in RDU. The North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh (David Marshall Williams workshop was my favorite), Maj Gen William C Lee's museum in Dunn, NC and the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte were my son's favorites.

Vic, I enjoy each of your write-ups/responses about power/electricity/charging, as that is one of my projects in the near future.

Ski3pin, if you are ever in the Portland, OR area, drop by and we will ask him to play something special!

2000 Alaskan 10' CO

2018 F-350 Extended Cab 8'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users