#1 No longer here

No longer here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

Hey Folks,
I am looking to see if anyone knows of any company that does a leaseback deal with campers kind of like an Outdoorsy middleman. I know in the aviation world this is common. I honestly love my camper but the payments are out of hand since being let go from my job. If I could lease it out to a company and just make enough to cover the payments this would be great.

#2 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

Would something like RVshare.com work for you, there are other sites as well which allow owners of campers to rent their RV out, sort of like AirBNB but for RVs

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#3 No longer here

No longer here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:30 AM

Need a middleman as I don't have a base to rent it out, nor do I want my rust free truck getting ruined in the rust belt.

#4 No longer here

No longer here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

The ideal location would be the PNW. No salt, low key, and limited possibility of a renter taking it into a place it might not get out of.

Figure a 2018 fleet flatbed on a 1st gen v8 Tundra Limited would be a great platform to rent

#5 Ghettofab75

Ghettofab75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAtascadero, Ca

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:21 PM

I'm not sure what exactly your getting at here?

So you want to lease your truck to a company that is going to take it somewhere else and rent it out to other people.  In the meantime you'll be responsible for the payments on it and not even able to use it since it isn't anywhere near you.

I'm not sure that makes a whole lot of sense.

The RVshare sites essentially give you a base of customers.  I think it works better with camper trailers as I couldn't turn the keys over to anyone else on my personal vehicle.  Most of the camper setups I've seen like that haul the camper to whatever location you want and you just meet there.  That way the customer can't damage the unit en route.

Kevin

#6 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationSun Peaks, B.C.

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:56 PM

It sounds like the OP has bank financed the camper, so if that is the case then I would suggest going to the bank, explain the job situation and then offer to pay interest only on the loan until you are back on your feet financially. This should also improve your credit rating as it gives future lenders a positive history of how you behave regarding your financial obligations during personal tough financial times.

The money lenders actually love this sort of thing because it essentially extends the loan term and they end up making more money without assuming additional risk and they do not  have to go thru the repossession procedure and it's added expense, uncertainty, and hassle.

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#7 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

Droptop campers in Albany, Or. http://droptopcampers.com/

Or

Wonderland Expeditions › vehicles
Web results
4x4 Truck Camper and Rooftop Tent Rentals in Oregon | Four Wheel Drive Campervan Rentals — Wonderland Expeditions
truck.campers.for.rent.oregon from www.wonderlandexpeditions.com
Whatever adventure you're looking for, we've got the rig to take you there. 4x4 Trucks + pop-up Campers. 4x4 Toyotas + Rooftop Tents. Off-road Teardrop Trailers. Sprinter Campervans.

#8 No longer here

No longer here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

Not behind on any payments, great credit, etc. Don’t care about someone using my camper. I don’t love it and wish I had gotten a van honestly. The payments have put a noose around my neck.....I cant afford to travel but with the payments, can’t afford an apartment. I’m in a tight spot.

the truck has no rust, and want to keep it that way. I contacted the OR folks and they don't do leases, and the one in Albany, while nice.....is still in the rot belt.

#9 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationSun Peaks, B.C.

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:40 PM

It is difficult offering suggestions of any value to someone who in their op says that they love their camper and then in the most recent post says that they don't love the camper and wish that they had bought a van. But here goes: SELL THE CAMPER.

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#10 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

It is difficult offering suggestions of any value to someone who in their op says that they love their camper and then in the most recent post says that they don't love the camper and wish that they had bought a van. But here goes: SELL THE CAMPER.

X2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users