Colorado Mark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationLittleton & Buena Vista, CO

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:07 PM

Hey Wj,

What style/brand of storage bags are you using in your under dinette storage area?

The longer one looks like it fits perfectly.

#12 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

Those are (2) Kermit chairs and a Kermit table. Handcrafted in Tennessee. Recommended from Sean Dempsey our FWC dealer. The bags are made by them also. They are quality through and through. They fit perfectly in the floor compartment. I asked the company if they would make bags for other items. Haven’t asked for a custom bag to date, but love their quality.

#13 Colorado Mark

Colorado Mark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationLittleton & Buena Vista, CO

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:17 AM

HUGE kudos to WJColdWater!!

What a fantastic tip!!!!  Just got mine.

Some quick measurements for others-

These are good starting points that I used.  There is room for adjustment if needed.  Mine took none.

Put some masking tape in the corner. Measure up 60mm or 2.36"  (about 2 & 23/32") from the black trim on the cover with the lid closed.  Thats the top edge of the ball from the hinge center, for height on the upper mount ball.  

i-tf5RnCm-M.jpg

i-kCgv6JN-M.jpg

Measure 28/32" from the back wall.  Thats the edge of the upper bracket you attach to the lid.  This will allow the upper bracket bracket to clear the framework of the storage compartment when you close the lid.

i-fmT2zsw-M.jpg

Install the shock on the upper ball mount on the lid. Install the lower round ball mount into the shock. Hold the door open and measure 28/32" down from the opening for the round lower ball mount.

Mark the upper hole location. There are 3 holes, pick any one with one being straight up.  Remove the lower ball mount from the shock with a pocket screwdriver.

Drill and install the top screw for the lower ball mount. Let it hang and drill and install the other 2 screws.

i-f9MGnrX-M.jpg

I rate this a 2 beer job.

#14 eav

eav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLos Gatos

Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:22 PM

Thanks! Bought and installed the struts yesterday. Works great! 

2019 F250 Super duty Crew Cab

2018 FWC Grandby 

#15 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:27 PM

HUGE kudos to WJColdWater!!

What a fantastic tip!!!!  Just got mine.

Some quick measurements for others-

These are good starting points that I used.  There is room for adjustment if needed.  Mine took none.

Put some masking tape in the corner. Measure up 60mm or 2.36"  (about 2 & 23/32") from the black trim on the cover with the lid closed.  Thats the top edge of the ball from the hinge center, for height on the upper mount ball.  

i-tf5RnCm-M.jpg

i-kCgv6JN-M.jpg

Measure 28/32" from the back wall.  Thats the edge of the upper bracket you attach to the lid.  This will allow the upper bracket bracket to clear the framework of the storage compartment when you close the lid.
i-fmT2zsw-M.jpg

Install the shock on the upper ball mount on the lid. Install the lower round ball mount into the shock. Hold the door open and measure 28/32" down from the opening for the round lower ball mount.

Mark the upper hole location. There are 3 holes, pick any one with one being straight up.  Remove the lower ball mount from the shock with a pocket screwdriver.

Drill and install the top screw for the lower ball mount. Let it hang and drill and install the other 2 screws.

i-f9MGnrX-M.jpg

I rate this a 2 beer job.

Happy to share! Love the two beer rating! I’m a red wine/vodka guy.

#16 okiedavid

okiedavid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:31 AM

Interesting mod, thanks for the share. It seems like FWC may have had a design change on the front dinettes: my 2018 has one big panel under the table that lifts from the front. My buddies 2017 or 2016 has the same 2 flap design as yours. I think I like 2 better for ease of access.

Pretty sure that's a Granby, not a Hawk.  Could be wrong, but my 2018 Hawk has the single door.  I did a similar mod on mine with struts off of Amazon.  https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users