Did I forget anything? About to order new Hallmark pop up camper

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:58 AM

Thanks much Scott... all good ideas and info. :-) 

I recently bought a 2019 Milner earlier in the Spring but just started using it in earnest this Fall.  I have just one lithium battery with a Sterling DC to DC charger so my truck can fully charge the battery in about 3 hours of driving. I can get three+ nights of camping without having to recharge my battery.  At this stage I haven't found the need for on top solar but can add portable solar later if need it.  That way I can camp in the shade.  One of the many cool features that lead me to Hallmark is how sturdy and easy it is lift the roof with weight.  I use a drill to turn the lifting mechanism for the roof and the same thing for jax.  Because the roof design is so awesome, I asked them to add a Lewmar Skylight that allows you to clearly see the night sky and access the roof from inside the camper while the roof is up.  This is awesome for night photography and taking in unobstructed views.  It's the same type hatch used on the bow of ocean going sailboats to pass through spinnakers so it's durable and well constructed.  We also had Hallmark add Yakima Tracks to the roof.  Now, I'll be adding bars and a rocket box along with a cargo basket for those things we like to have but don't need to constantly access.  And I'll be able to tie down standup paddle boards for certain trips...lots of options. For longer trips, I'll remove and stow the happijax up there and a few other items to free up space elsewhere and so my jax don't decide to grab rocks, branches, etc.  Having them install the trax made a lot of sense so they were secure and sealed so I didn't have to undo the interior finishes for this project.  I'm very pleased with the usability and quality of my Hallmark and am sure you will be too!!!  Goodluck!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users