11 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

One of the new features related to the recent software update is a photo gallery feature built into the forum software. In anticipation of this feature, I had planned on changing the site template and making it wider, to accommodate larger photos configured in the new gallery.

New photo size can be seen here: http://www.wanderthe...read.php?t=2040

New Gallery here:
http://www.wanderthe...m.php?albumid=2

To access your new gallery, go to "user cp" and on the left menu "Pictures & Albums".

The old gallery will be closed in the near future and removed sometime this year. However! - all photos in the current gallery will remain in the server directories so if you have embedded those photos in threads they will remain there permanently.

Sorry for any inconvenience the removal of the gallery causes, but it is essential for the long term sustainability of the site to integrate software systems into one package.

#2 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

Dear Aaron-

I have a couple questions...

1. Should we be moving our photos from our old galleries to new ones, assuming there are no automatic ways to do that?

2. I tried to update my 'avatar' photo, but I don't think I got it right. Is there more I should know about the file structure besides just the size?

Thanks!
Mark

#3 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

Dear Aaron-

I have a couple questions...

1. Should we be moving our photos from our old galleries to new ones, assuming there are no automatic ways to do that?

2. I tried to update my 'avatar' photo, but I don't think I got it right. Is there more I should know about the file structure besides just the size?

Thanks!
Mark

1. No - in the next couple of months I am going to be having a company do some work on the site, including merging the two galleries into one application.

2. Its dimensions and file size - I believe 100x100 and 10k or less but I need to check those settings and verify.

#4 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

I still cant figure out how to caption the pix I post. But I don't have running boards.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#5 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

'avatar' and 'profile' pictures are different beasties!

#6 4llamas

4llamas

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSW Willamette Valley, Oregon

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

I still cant figure out how to caption the pix I post. But I don't have running boards.

Yeah, how do you do that?

#7 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:47 AM

I still cant figure out how to caption the pix I post.

Not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

#8 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:09 AM

You need to load the photos into the website gallery and then add them to your post from there as you type. It was covered on a thread a while back. Otherwise all photos loaded in the post show up at the end of your post.

#9 Bseek

Bseek

Gypsy Feet

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationSonora, Ca Sierra Foothills

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

Is there a way to see a directory of photo albums? How do you know whose names to look into without one?
Subaru Outback Gypsy Wagon
2013 Toyota Tacoma DCLB : 2015 ATC Bobcat shell
By the way, it's Brenda   https://sierrashadow.wordpress.com/

#10 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

Is there a way to see a directory of photo albums? How do you know whose names to look into without one?

You are correct, that is a problem with the forum based galleries. In the short term I am going to look for a solution to this in the settings. In the long term, we are going to a better gallery system and all current photos from both galleries will be merged into that new system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users