13 replies to this topic

#11 geologyjohn

geologyjohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:33 PM

I encountered little difference (field of view) with my install. Just the difference you’d expect with the camera being a bit lower than before, as noted by Wandering Sagebrush. And it’s nice that it works well with the navigation screen that you already have on your truck dashboard. John.

#12 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAshburn, Virginia

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:47 PM

What I did with my F350, prior to knockoffs being available was order a replacement tailgate camera and wiring.   I put it in a plastic box and made a mount to go under the rear of my Northern Lite.  I think the camera and harness came to $130.  You might be able to do that with your Ranger.

i noticed your steps.  I used an Otto Step on my old Ranger and Bobcat.  On the new CC Ranger, I’ll probably use it again if I can find a camper I like.

Airbags?

X2 on OEM cam.

I did the same on my Tacoma, purchase the camera with wiring and there are many camera boxes out there you can mount. On the Tacoma they use some weird voltage so I was never able to get a 3rd party camera to work.

Edited by knoxswift, 22 October 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#13 moveinon

moveinon

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie Oregon

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:39 PM

I also have a Tacoma, but should work the same for a Ranger.  I just went to a junk yard and removed a camera from a wrecked Taco with its wiring.  Cost $8.00 and just bent a simple aluminum bracket to hold it and point at the right angle.  I take my camper off for the winter so wanted to leave the OEM camera in my tailgate when I put it back on.

#14 lrholman

lrholman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:05 PM

I am getting ready to have a Fleet installed on my 2019 Ranger. What did you do with the backup camera on the tailgate? Can in be "re-installed" somewhere near the bumper below the the camper?  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users