39 replies to this topic

#11 Dobba84

Dobba84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:17 PM

If don’t want to do the canvas and lift panels yourself, and you’re close to Sacramento, talk to the ATC Team. They work on older FWC campers, do really good work, and at reasonable rates.

You got an exceptional deal.

Yea I always feel like there is a better deal out there. But I am stoked with this camper. Only wish the canvas was better. Needs a counter top too.

I live in Grand Junction Co.

#12 Dobba84

Dobba84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:53 PM

Made this harness to go from the factory trailer wiring to the pre existing 4 pin lead to the battery that was in the camper. I wired it off the aux 12v charge terminal in the 7pin adapter.

This, in theory, should charge the battery while driving the truck.
59348100813__52CA8262-1C6E-47DC-9F77-D0F04FC64977.JPG

Edited by Dobba84, 22 October 2019 - 11:54 PM.

#13 Dobba84

Dobba84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:06 AM

Do you guys think this camper is in good enough shape to redo? I want honest opinions and not a money pit.

#14 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,574 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:32 AM

Do you guys think this camper is in good enough shape to redo? I want honest opinions and not a money pit.

I don’t know enough about it to say 100% yes, but from what you’ve shown in the photos, and what you’ve said, it seems that way.  Any rot that’s obvious?  How’s the floor pack? Do you see any areas that scream mistreatment?  Think there might be broken welds?  Mold?

I’m going from memory here, so don’t hold me accountable, but I believe ATC wants $1200-$1500 for lift panels and vinyl.  Call and talk to Marty or Jeff to be sure.

It’s up to you, but I my guess is there’s a lot of potential there.

I am haunted by waters

#15 HughDog

HughDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:51 AM

Totally an opinion here - They are all good enough to redo!

I bought mine thinking I would only do the canvass - then very slowly took it down to the bones - not because it had all had to be done, but more like an OCD take over! 

Thing is, once you get the canvass off and address any rot on panels or other wood areas like in the tub, it just makes sense to keep going!

Opinionated kidding aside, pop the top and keep camping that thing until you are forced to do some work, then decide what you are willing to do -   If it doesn't pencil in to take on, I will buy it for $400 and you make a 2x return!     

2014 Ram 3500 MegaCab, 1983 FWC Fleet

#16 Living The Dream

Living The Dream

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationFront Range, Colorado

Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:45 PM

Gut it and redo:) You'll love the process. It won't be too big of a money pit. I spent about ~3k on my full rebuild. I think you already connected with me on some other media forms but feel free to reach out again with whatever spesific questions you have. Have fun with it and get into it!

My youtube channel about my Four Wheel Camper - https://www.youtube.com/c/timmorrissey

All about my camper - https://www.tgmorrissey.com/camper

Item I used in my build- http://bit.ly/TGMorrisseyParts

#17 Dobba84

Dobba84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:26 PM

Put in a new faucet and replaced some hardware on the counter face today!

#18 Dobba84

Dobba84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:57 AM

So hanging out in the camper with some tequila and just getting ideas. Someone in the past had the logic to build aluminum lift panels for it which I dig.
IMG_3312.JPG

Does anyone know what could cause the misalignment of the roof when down like this?

IMG_3313.JPG

#19 Dobba84

Dobba84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:25 AM

Threw a new doorknob in tonight before it started snowing. My caulking gun is busted so the sealant job is kinda shoddy.

Door needs rebuilt

IMG_3331.JPG

#20 BBZ

BBZ

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:46 PM

Yes.. I picked up a old Granby for $500 and it was a mess, but like others, I just went and gutted it and rebuilt.. well worth it, but it was a lot of work... Only thing original on mine is aluminum frame, floor and roof.. link attached to my build.. great winter project..

http://www.wanderthe...ect-90s-granby/

2023 F-150 Scab HDPP + 2013 Grandby Shell +

https://www.wanderth...ect-90s-granby/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users