28 replies to this topic

#11 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:26 PM

Another great adventure guys, enjoyed your trip---love those aspens :wub:!!!  We lost power over here too ( and we were not supposed to either)---as sort of an indirect reason, all the shut offs in Ca caused our PG&E line up the Feather River Canyon  to blow somewhere that Sunday night and we woke up to 18 degree temps and no power on Monday morning-surprise. We got our power up though later that day.  If I'd of known that was going to happen I'd of went camping too!  Again nice photos!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#12 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:26 AM

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing! 

#13 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:03 AM

Did you head out on the next PSPS? I have little doubt about that! Great report.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#14 Occidental

Occidental

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • LocationHome is where you park it

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for the report and maybe more importantly your never ending positive attitude, even when it comes to negative ones.  Life is all about how you react to it.  

2020 Ford Ranger, 2012 Eagle

http://www.occidentalist.org

#15 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM

lovely area... 

It sure is? We are darn lucky to have all this fairly close. Thanks Vic!

Great scenery and wonderful fall colors. I think you're doing fine with the photography. Now that you've teased us about your eye I think a selfie is in order!!

Thanks Ronin! I will spare you ever seeing what the eye looked like. It is better this way, believe me. :)

Such a beautiful land.   Thank you for letting us tag along!

You are most welcome, Mr. Sage!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#16 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:39 PM

Aspens and clear blue skies are a very nice complement to the rocks and water.  You made good lemonade, Monte.

As far as the photography goes, yours are always way better than average  anyway. Keep working at it. You should  be able to set focus on a distance that you want and preserve the focus as you as you recompose the image. That is just a change in process order from compose then complete focus to focus then complete composition.

Some beneficial changes in techniques may occur to you to mitigate any negative changes in your vision.  Most of vision occurs in the brain anyway and learning new things keeps the mind sharp.

Stay positive and thanks for all the fish. :)

Paul

Paul, thanks so much for the kind comments and encouragement. We both appreciate it.  :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#17 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

I don't recall ever hearing of the Forest Service's private cabin program.  Something tells me there are more of them, and that same something tells me a couple of terrific guides will one day take us there!

Thanks, keep getting better, and looking forward to more soon.

Foy

Foy, thanks for the nice comments. The USFS summer home program is/was nation wide and I expect there are many summer home tracts in a National Forest near you.

What a beautiful area and great report...thank you. 

That was a Mighty nice comment. Thank you! :)

Amazing report and great photos as always, thanks for posting

You are most welcome! :)

#18 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:51 PM

Thanks Ski3pins for another fun tag-along. Sure do like those aspen trees in the fall. Nice cabin too- I could live there just fine. Your photography seems just fine to me also. :)

Takesiteasy, thanks for the nice comment! That is a pretty darn nice cabin, indeed. Have you looked at any of Paul Revere Williams', the architect, other work?

Thanks Ski. Your aspen photos are great.

We made a trip up the Ebbetts pass area about the time of the second outage,

24 Oct..We didn't get much color over the pass.Got to Heenen Lake to fish,last weekend it was open.

We hadn't been there since Ted gave a report a year or so ago.Not much color there also,as a lot of the trees are dead from the fire a couple years ago.

Your pictures made up for what we missed.

Frank

Frank, thanks for the always nice comments! We were happy to find some very nice pockets of beautiful aspen colors. Glad to share with you! :)

#19 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:54 PM

Another great adventure guys, enjoyed your trip---love those aspens :wub:!!!  We lost power over here too ( and we were not supposed to either)---as sort of an indirect reason, all the shut offs in Ca caused our PG&E line up the Feather River Canyon  to blow somewhere that Sunday night and we woke up to 18 degree temps and no power on Monday morning-surprise. We got our power up though later that day.  If I'd of known that was going to happen I'd of went camping too!  Again nice photos!

Smoke

Smoke, thanks for the kind comments and we hope you are able to enjoy our series of PSPS! :)

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks! We are glad you enjoy them. :)

#20 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:56 PM

Did you head out on the next PSPS? I have little doubt about that! Great report.

Thanks Craig! And did we head out during the next PSPS? You'll soon find out! :)

Thanks for the report and maybe more importantly your never ending positive attitude, even when it comes to negative ones.  Life is all about how you react to it.

Occidental, thanks for the nice comment and encouragement! So right you are! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users