• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

The second section is a piece of 3/4" plywood with a 2x4 base attached underneath for support. This piece turns into a side table when removed. The base design is temporary and will change after I complete the wrap around couch.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191111_165125_resized.jpg

#42 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:59 PM

With the new lowered floor pack, the space under the bed is tall enough for the rubbermaid totes we like to use, for portable water jugs, and for the coolers. We usually travel during the winter months and rarely when it is hot out, so we decided to ditch the fridge and stick with our cooler setup. We don't bother with a water system that can freeze up and prefer two portable 5 gallon water jugs and one 5 gallon insulated water cooler because they are easier to carry to a faucet and fill as opposed to having to carry a hose and find a faucet to hook it to.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191116_083623_resized.jpg

#43 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:13 PM

The early versions of these campers used a three layer liner system for the pop up, they eventually abandoned this style with good reason. The inner liner and foam insulation hold moisture and it can be difficult to get them completely dry while traveling. After 30 plus years, both pieces were fairly filthy and disgusting. Even though it wasn't on my list, I went ahead and used a sharp new razor blade to carefully cut out the inner liner and the foam insulation leaving just the vinyl portion of the pop up. Cleaning and some 303 protectant came next. This really improved the appearance inside.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191111_164416_resized.jpg

#44 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:14 PM

Pretty obvious where I stopped cleaning.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191111_164521_resized.jpg

#45 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:16 PM

You can see where the moisture was trapped in the corner.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191111_164534_resized_1.jpg

#46 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:35 AM

Got an early Christmas present, wanted to get these mounted before we leave on our upcoming two month adventure. More than once during our travels last winter we had to backtrack instead of driving through because we were low on gas. I didn't want to repeat that scenario this year.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191214_160845_resized.jpg

#47 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:36 AM

We decided on the Fuel Pax because of the size options. I'm finding that the smaller cans are easier to use the older we get and I wanted something that would sit on either side of the camper. Jerry cans won't fit between the camper and the tailgate supports, and I'm not willing to get rid of my back porch.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191214_160911_resized(1).jpg

#48 Dobba84

Dobba84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:17 AM

One thing on my tundra is access to the spare tire winch isn’t possible with the tailgate on

#49 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

Accessing the spare with the tailgate down has crossed my mind. I'm thinking it can be done from under the truck, may need to fabricate a shorter tool to do so. I'm planning to look into that this week before we leave and am open to suggestions if anyone has any.

#50 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:09 PM

Went ahead and addressed the spare tire access today. Ended up removing the license plate, drilling a hole in the plastic part of the bumper, and enlarging the existing access hole in the metal. It is now a two person job getting the spare out, with one person under the truck aligning everything while the other person pushes and turns the tool, but it is doable and will suffice for now. Wish I would have addressed this before putting the camper on, but I'm a little more at ease knowing I can at least get it done if necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users