• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 outdoornate65

outdoornate65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:10 AM

The Overland Expo is in Denver in May. A fellow Granby owner and I were there last year and he purchased the whole kit from Overland solar and paid the "show special price" which was a little over $600. Panel, controller etc. 

We hooked it all up while we were there and it was very straight forward thanks to FWC pre-installed wiring.

Just thought I would mention it. 

The OE in May is held in Flagstaff. The new summer venue will be in Loveland (CO) on Aug 28, 2020.

Just to clarify.

#12 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:14 AM

The OE in May is held in Flagstaff. The new summer venue will be in Loveland (CO) on Aug 28, 2020.

Just to clarify.

Correct, it will not be in Flagstaff in 2020. 

I guess when I say "Denver" I mean the Denver area to folks from out of state.

#13 outdoornate65

outdoornate65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:42 AM

Correct, it will not be in Flagstaff in 2020. 

I guess when I say "Denver" I mean the Denver area to folks from out of state.

I thought the one here in CO was an additional show with the West/East Expos still on the rotation? 

#14 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:46 AM

Outdoormate65 I think you are right and i was mistaken. Maybe the Colorado one is an addition and there will still be Flagstaff. 
That clarification is good for those who may still be interested in the Flagstaff one. I always enjoyed that one and enjoy the FWC section for camping.

back to his solar issue; i still think him driving to colorado from Iowa to meet the solar company reps and possibly buy at the show could be educational for him as well as save him some money. Not to mention its a great overlanding experience overall.

#15 outdoornate65

outdoornate65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:58 AM

Outdoormate65 I think you are right and i was mistaken. Maybe the Colorado one is an addition and there will still be Flagstaff. 
That clarification is good for those who may still be interested in the Flagstaff one. I always enjoyed that one and enjoy the FWC section for camping.

back to his solar issue; i still think him driving to colorado from Iowa to meet the solar company reps and possibly buy at the show could be educational for him as well as save him some money. Not to mention its a great overlanding experience overall.

Apologies for the hi-jack.  

#16 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:33 PM

Apologies for the hi-jack.  

None necessary, you helped me discover something i didnt realize. I thought they moved it and now realize they added. 

#17 outdoornate65

outdoornate65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:30 AM

None necessary, you helped me discover something i didnt realize. I thought they moved it and now realize they added. 

I was excited to see them adding a venue in my backyard but I'm concerned it will be hotter than heck in Aug. 

Close enough for a daytrip I guess. 

I'm thinking this Overlanding thing is catching on.  :)

#18 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:43 AM

I was excited to see them adding a venue in my backyard but I'm concerned it will be hotter than heck in Aug. 

Close enough for a daytrip I guess. 

I'm thinking this Overlanding thing is catching on.  :)

Yes i agree on the heat, i thought the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users