Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:39 AM

Not enough!

But heading out Friday for ten days in DV!  :wub:

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#12 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:04 PM

I always see this end of year post but never have thought I had much to contribute till this year, my first as a newly retired dude.

We were able to get two semi-extended trips in this year - JT/Anza Borrego/Organ Pipe/DV in late winter and then this past fall a great trip along the eastern NV/west UT border. Combined with our usual long weekends out photo-ing and volunteering with our local enviro group (Oregon Natural Desert Association) we were able to hit around 47 nights in the 4WC! Sort of surprised me when I started adding it up... I even got a pic in the Truck Camper Magazine 2020 calendar from our Labor Day excursion into the dark skies of SE OR.

Best to all - JD

Attached Thumbnails

• ORCYN_MilkyWay_JDavis2019-sm.jpg

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

#13 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,583 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:09 PM

I always see this end of year post but never have thought I had much to contribute till this year, my first as a newly retired dude.

We were able to get two semi-extended trips in this year - JT/Anza Borrego/Organ Pipe/DV in late winter and then this past fall a great trip along the eastern NV/west UT border. Combined with our usual long weekends out photo-ing and volunteering with our local enviro group (Oregon Natural Desert Association) we were able to hit around 47 nights in the 4WC! Sort of surprised me when I started adding it up... I even got a pic in the Truck Camper Magazine 2020 calendar from our Labor Day excursion into the dark skies of SE OR.

Best to all - JD

Congrats on the photo in TC!   You’re hitting some of the places near and dear to us.

I am haunted by waters

#14 Occidental

Occidental

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • LocationHome is where you park it

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:31 AM

I really am enjoying your summaries from 2019, those of you that took month long or longer trips I'm envious.  All our nights were weekends except for one week at Thanksgiving.  But of course, like Old Crow I'm mainly grateful to be able to get out as much as we did.  I'm looking forward to a longer trip next November, to Baja, if we are lucky.

2020 Ford Ranger, 2012 Eagle

http://www.occidentalist.org

#15 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:44 PM

Probably my lowest total since owning my FWC, only 26.  I suspect next year is going to be another low total as I start a new job January 13th.  Maybe I'll get a good trip in between now and then,

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#16 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,332 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

I really am enjoying your summaries from 2019, <snip>

We are enjoying the summaries also! It is great to see such motivation to get out there. :)

The Lady handles the statistics here and it could be we shouldn't add up a total yet.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#17 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

I'm like Cayuse-this year has been my fewest camping days since I bought my set up in 2005!  Best I can figure is about 18 days out and about-and I'm retired too.  One of the main reasons has been the unstable  weather, my old dog "Bob" being sick so much of the time and (maybe a sign of the times), one of my usual  quick "get a way to"  back country camping spots had been "discovered" and improved to the point I no longer enjoyed going there anymore! I will do better this year and get back to my usual goal of two weeks home and two weeks out every month B) !

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 19 December 2019 - 06:22 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#18 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:16 AM

We had a good year — about 90 nights. That’s way more than we envisioned!

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#19 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:57 PM

A paltry, yet exciting 31 nights. First was New Years Day on the Deschutes River by Cedar Island. I’ll estimate the last, and coldest was outside Pray, Mt. two weeks ago. Most memorable for the year isn’t an FWC adventure, but 4 nights camped out on the John Day River as part of a float trip. Hope that counts.

Edited by LuckyDan, 25 December 2019 - 07:03 PM.

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#20 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:42 PM

Good morning LuckyD. What time of year was your John Day trip?

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users