• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Kolockum

Kolockum

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:08 PM

Reminds me of that beginning part of that great old classic "Them (the giant radio active ants)"-ya know where they come upon that wrecked trailer out in the desert and the bent 30-30 rifle with all those tumble weeds blowing around and that weird music.  Hey RONR-better not go to Mexico by way of Death Valley and the California Desert-never know, maybe they didn't kill  all those ants and some are just waiting for someone to park their camper next to one of their giant ant hills :ph34r:!

Smoke

Talk about a good classic, that movie gave me nightmares as a kid. And it is really PG compared to the stuff today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"the nut behind the wheel is the most important one." John D

#12 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Sergeant First Class

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:02 PM

Sure was! I still remember that scene where they are looking for their sheriff friend and come across that first  giant ant hill and see this soldier ant come out with  their friends gun belt in its mandibles and drops it on a pile of bones! Black and white-don't make 'em like that anymore! 

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#13 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 6,520 posts
  • LocationNorthern Oregon

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

I would run over tumbleweeds left and right when I was commuting along HWY 97 between Ellensburg and Yakima. I wouldn't try that with a wall of tumbleweeds.

We saw a minor car fire in Pahrump, when a tumbleweed lodge near hot exhaust.

Real Dogs Have Beards - Fear the Beard

Tu Ne Cede Malis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users