• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arctic

Arctic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

I imagine a newbie like me comes along every so often and asks about the rare FWC Hardside and you regulars just shake your heads at such silly questions...Lol

But I first heard of these elusive creatures 2-3 years ago and have yet to see one in the wild.

Do any of you actually own one or have been fortunate enough to see them at a campground?

Thankyou for your kindness to this greenhorn.

Edited by Arctic, 03 January 2020 - 01:09 AM.

#2 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:02 PM

There was a post herein as few months ago about the short-lived hard-side model.    Not many were manufactured;  they are quite rare.

Here's an old listing on Expedition Portal.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#3 camper rich

camper rich

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

Was their hardside the result of FWC buying SixPac Campers?  I found this article:  

https://www.truckcam...ac-and-one-man/

#4 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

This TCM EXCLUSIVE: Four Wheel Hard Top  thread from 2010 has more info on the origins of the HT model.

(Note- The link to the actual Truck Camper Magazine article in the first post of the thread no longer goes to the article.  Fortunately, Stan pasted the text of it into his post).

Also, I thought it interesting to see that FWC had been planning an aluminum-framed version of the Six Pac at one point.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#5 Arctic

Arctic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:34 PM

Thanks to the contributors above.

I was not familiar with Six Pac hardsides until the above post. Might be an alternative solution for me.

#6 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

Another light(?) hardside is Pastime.  I’m not sure if they’re still in business, but seemed to have a good reputation at the dealer where I bought my Northern Lite.

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users