Photo
- - - - -

What portable toilet has the biggest seat and bowl?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:52 AM

What PortaPotti  / Camco portable toilet (or similar) has biggest seat and bowl?

I’d much prefer a manual one, not a battery operated pump such as the 550E Curve.

I dont want a WagBag or similar. 

The Leopard Outdoor T-Type Three Directional Flush Portable Travel Toilet - 5.3 Gallon - is pretty well rated on Amazon, except some people complain that the bowl is too small. (a common complaint on reviews of various portable toilets)

We’ll need to move it from the truck camper out to a ‘toilet tent’ frequently, so easy to move around would be good. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:05 AM

I’m not familiar with that one, but there will be a trade-off between size and being easy to move. According to the Amazon listing, that unit weighs 11.5 lb empty and holds 5.3 gallons. With a gallon of water weighing about 8 lbs, a full toilet would weigh more than 50 lbs. 

Keep total weight in mind as you shop. Alternatively, don’t fill the fresh water tank fully and empty the waste section frequently.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#3 wiredman

wiredman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:37 AM

From what I know there is this brand called Thetford. You might want to look that. 

#4 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

Completely ignoring your request not to look at the Curve...... I'd day to look at the Curve. the seat on it is as close to a regular toilet seat as I've parked my bum on, and it sits at a regular height which is kinda nice. We've had ours going on 3 years now, it's traveled thousands of miles (with many many rough miles in there) and has never given us any problems or issues. Honestly, pushing a little button for the fresh water is also really nice. (The only time we had an issue was when my darling Wife cleaned it once and put a lot of water into the battery compartment. I dried it out and all has been well going forward).

If it walked away today, I'd buy another tomorrow.

#5 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:13 AM

Completely ignoring your request not to look at the Curve...... I'd day to look at the Curve. the seat on it is as close to a regular toilet seat as I've parked my bum on, and it sits at a regular height which is kinda nice. We've had ours going on 3 years now, it's traveled thousands of miles (with many many rough miles in there) and has never given us any problems or issues. Honestly, pushing a little button for the fresh water is also really nice. (The only time we had an issue was when my darling Wife cleaned it once and put a lot of water into the battery compartment. I dried it out and all has been well going forward).

If it walked away today, I'd buy another tomorrow.

thanks

and sadly i believe The Curve is discontinued.... i would hesitate to buy a discontinued one.

https://www.thetford...ta-potti-curve/

#6 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

thanks

and sadly i believe The Curve is discontinued.... i would hesitate to buy a discontinued one.

https://www.thetford...ta-potti-curve/

Looks like their is a replacement which seems to be almost identical.

#7 m.r.h.

m.r.h.

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:45 AM

I am not sure on exact size but Selway Fabrications makes two great portable toilet. The small one is pretty low to the ground but still better than a wag bag.

Just add some water and RTB 780 and you are set. Clean up at an RV dump is pretty simple and easy 

#8 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAshburn, Virginia

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

I have the Porta Potti 565E. Height is really good. Seat is not quite real toilet but good sized.
Don't buy from Amazon can get better prices elsewhere.
It's like the curve no batteries.

#9 oldhotrod

oldhotrod

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:13 AM

And remember, a toilet with a 5gal water tank will be taller than the same with a 2.5gal tank if that is important...and total weight is dependent on how many gallons of water you put in which is determined by use. In other words, if your use is less than a week and a couple of people, put 2.5gal in a 5 gal toilet to save weight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users