4 replies to this topic

#1 Green_Rino

Green_Rino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLoveland, CO

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:00 PM

I have recently purchased a 95’ 8’ CO and am in process or cleaning and replacing seals. There is a switch next to the thermostat that I have no idea what it is for. The previous owner said it runs a fan for the refrigerator when the top is down but the switch doesn’t seem to work. Any thoughts on what it might be for? Also there is a limit switch located next to the rear passenger side hydraulic cylinder that triggers when the top is down. I have no idea what the switch is either disconnecting or connecting. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 57F82D5A-5051-4E1C-B722-C4BDD61810C9.jpeg
  • 8B2C89F1-A6FA-478E-AE8E-722B9CBB58EC.jpeg

#2 Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBlackfoot, Idaho

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:57 PM

There may be a fan mounted so it can blow air past the heat exchanger for the fridge. I've seen them mounted in places where they're hard to find. Maybe the limit switch is in series with the fridge fan switch, so it comes on whenever the top is lowered. Both may need to be "on" for the fan to operate.

Jim

Edited by Jim in Idaho, 13 January 2020 - 10:57 PM.

#3 Soundsgood

Soundsgood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:49 PM

My 99' has a switch next to the thermostat that turns the furnace off. In the ON position the thermostat controls the furnace. In the OFF position the furnace won't turn on.

#4 PackRat

PackRat

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNovato, CA

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:36 PM

Give the folks at Alaskan a call to see if Brian or any of his shop guys can answer your questions. If you know the ex-owner bought it new, they may have a build sheet for it in their files. Barring that, tracing down where the wires come from and lead to (if possible) may help you out that way. Maybe try that before calling Alaskan?

1988 Ford F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 8 Ft. bed

1976 Alaskan 8 Ft. CO camper

#5 Green_Rino

Green_Rino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLoveland, CO

Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:59 AM

Thanks all, I did find a hidden computer fan attached to the switch. I think Jim in Idaho is right with the limit switch controlling the fan. I will need to fire everything up and see if I can get it to turn on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users