6 replies to this topic

#1 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:49 PM

I recently filed a claim for the Equifax data breach. This is the 3rd time in the last 5 years I have been a victim of one of these data breaches. What is really aggravating is I have never used Equifax and never attended or applied for the university that lost a hard drive with thousands of people’s SSN, addresses, names, etc.

Anyways rant over

Anybody else getting impacted by these? If so are you taking precautions?

Edited by Kolockum, 22 January 2020 - 02:34 AM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#2 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:33 PM

I froze my credit after the last data breach. Good luck getting anything in my name. Had to go through hoops myself when  I applied for a new card. Just the way I want it!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:51 PM

I froze my credit after the last data breach. Good luck getting anything in my name. Had to go through hoops myself when  I applied for a new card. Just the way I want it!

Same here on the freeze.  It’s no fun to jump through the hoops, but it’s better than the exposure.

I am haunted by waters

#4 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the input. I looked into it and think I will go that route. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#5 clikrf8

clikrf8

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:20 AM

No data breaches but our neighbors had their locked mailboxes broken into for their W-2s and other tax info. They didn’t get any of our important info and our box doesn’t have a lock. One of neighbors had someone try to open a bank account with the info. Sorry that you had to have all that hassle but at least the next person that tries won’t get too far. 

2008 Ford F250 diesel 4x4 off road pkg 2013 Hallmark Ute http://www.clikrf8images.com/ http://clikrf8.wordp...com/2010/09/01/

#6 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:58 AM

No data breaches but our neighbors had their locked mailboxes broken into for their W-2s and other tax info. They didn’t get any of our important info and our box doesn’t have a lock. One of neighbors had someone try to open a bank account with the info. Sorry that you had to have all that hassle but at least the next person that tries won’t get too far. 

Yikes, sounds like you dodged a bullet. We recently went to a PO box for that very reason. Although deputies just busted a local drug ring and mail thefts along with other petty crimes have really slowed down (for now).

#7 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:43 AM

I’m thinking a crack seal team on this national security threat would be a viable deterrent. Make no mistake that’s what it is. 

Edited by WjColdWater, 09 February 2020 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users