What will you replace it with Mark?

#3 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKelowna, BC, Canada

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:29 AM

I became friends with a fellow in Australia who built his own pop-up camper and mounted it on a custom built aluminum tray:
Posted Image
I would like to do something similar, but with a hardsided pop-up. Here is one example of the general concept, owner by a friend in Sydney:
Posted Image

Here is another example of a unique hardsided pop-up concept:
Posted Image

#4 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:34 PM

Maybe this?:

Posted Image

#5 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:56 AM

SOLD!!!
A very nice guy named gary from Kansas drove up and picked up the camper on Friday. I will miss the FWC camper, but am excited about being able to design and build something new. The first step (in the spring) will be to either buy or build an aluminum flat bed for the truck, and design a new camper to take full advantage of the flatbed. The guys at All Terrain say that they would be willing to build one to suit, I am considering this, but my first choice would be a custom hardside pop-up camper. I will have to decide on a design and realistic budget. At the moment I am leaning towards a modern version of an Alaskan style (non-cabover) pop-up camper. However there are certainly some interesting lightweight pop-up camper designs showing up lately that have me thinking. Here is one example:

http://quickupcamper.com/
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers
Mark

ps: if you have seen any unique pop-up camper designs please let me know.

#6 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:01 PM

Congrats Mark on getting it sold! Although I'm sure it was tough to see it go....

The QuickUp looks very interesting. I know Aliner has/had a similar product bit I like the sleek looks of the QuickUp better.

Can't wait to see what you wind up with next!

#7 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

Looks like that thing is only going to work on 8 foot beds?

#8 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:55 PM

Congrats Mark on getting it sold! Although I'm sure it was tough to see it go....

The QuickUp looks very interesting. I know Aliner has/had a similar product bit I like the sleek looks of the QuickUp better.

Can't wait to see what you wind up with next!

Thanks KC;
The day after the camper left, my daughter, who is 5 now, was very upset as she was laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep. I asked her what was wrong and she said "Daddy I miss our camper". This surprised me since she had barely looked at the camper for months, but then I realized that when we returned from Oz, she had spent almost 1/4 of her life in that camper! She cheered up when I promised that she can help build the new one.

Cheers
Mark

#9 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

Looks like that thing is only going to work on 8 foot beds?

True, and it would not work on a flat bed either, but my interest in it was just as a general concept. You have to admit that it is very low profile when folded compared to just about any hardside pop-up you could think of.

Cheers
Mark

#10 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

True, and it would not work on a flat bed either, but my interest in it was just as a general concept. You have to admit that it is very low profile when folded compared to just about any hardside pop-up you could think of.

Oh yeah, I think it looks like a great concept. I would really like to see one of those Innovans over here in the states. Maybe you could become an importer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users