24 replies to this topic

#11 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

We got back last night and we still cant get over just how amazingly beautiful this trip was. The shear volume of the sights is amazing. One right after another.

Pat the only way you can pull a trailer in there is if you can disassemble and reassemble it a couple of times. And by the way Y'all No Camper Jacks!!

If I do this again (maybe next year) I think I'll have a better handle on which camp sites I'd prefer. But all 'n all it was just spectacular. When I get it together I'll post some Pix as I'm sure my buddy Gene Rubin will do. As Gene said "I've been to Valley of the gods and Monument Valley and love both of them but comparing them to The White Rim is like comparing Sequoia to Denali." I would have to agree. Just being able to drive into and through all of this beauty is remarkable.

Oh yeah and it snowed!

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#12 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Glad to hear it was a good trip, look forward to the pics.

Has Pam forgiven you yet?

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#13 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

Sunny,
Pam had a great time and did a lot of walking. She walked about half way down Horse Thief to start the trip and a good portion of the downhill on Murphy's Hogback. The times she walked we weren't driving much faster than 3 or 4 MPH and my buddy Gene's girlfriend Ann walked with her. Going out we spared her the trip up Shafer Trail and came out Potash. It was longer and had more great things to see. If we go again next year we'll go in on Potash and go half way and come back out Potash.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#14 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

Jay sounds like you had a good trip.

I have a walker too when the road gets bad. I reminder her to take her camera to shoot pictures. She even walked in a thunder storm. It is the same old line, “If you are going to die, you are going to die alone, I’m walking”

Look forward to your story and pictures

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#15 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

"Walker" :lol: Never heard it described that way. I took a group of students from Minnesota to Canyonlands 20 years ago and were going down Rt128 along the Colorado River when we came to the old single lane Dewey suspension bridge. Had a walker so everyone got out and walked it which with the full moon and clear utah sky that was the way to cross :)

If you are familiar with the bridge you probably know that the old one burned down a few years back. Sad deal, cool bridge.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#16 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Well Who knows if any of this is right. With the help of Sunny I managed to get some pix in a gallery but they are not in order even though I put them in order but at this point I'm just glad they're in. I will shortly run away screaming. Way too much work which would indicate I'm still doing something very wrong. I tried to bulk load them but nope!

http://www.wanderthe...album&album=148

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#17 Steve Scearce

Steve Scearce

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDurango, Colorado

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

Cool pix, cool trip! We need to do this one.
2003 Tundra Access Cab, 1999 Phoenix Coyote, AirLift airbags

#18 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

Cool pix, cool trip! We need to do this one.

Anyone want to do it in a couple weeks? Looks like it takes 2 weeks to get a permit, at least. I'm guessing this late in the season you can get a permit. What direction would present the lesser challenge to my large F250 Grandby, any recommended campsites? Might be a little cool but seems well worth it :)
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#19 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:19 AM

One of the perks of traveling with this merry band of misfits is the music. Phil Salazar is a virtuoso on fiddle, guitar, mandolin and you name it. Lauren Donahue is a great fiddle and mando player and Gene Rubin plays all three as well so there's always music in camp. Come with us to Gonzaga and Laguna San Ignacio in the spring and be treated to some great sounds around the campfire at night or bring your axe and jam with them. Here's a You Tube video Gene and his girlfriend Anne took on our trip with them playing in Bluff and some White Rim footage too.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#20 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:00 AM

Hey Jay, Your pictures look great. I am sure you have lots more. I sent a disc to you with Phil's and my pictures. The next day you'll receive Lauren's pictures. Between Lauren, Phil and mine, we have 900 pictures!

While we are showing videos of me..me..me, here is another one from CNN: http://www.youtube.c...f/0/-wXnP0KaoOM

GeneCIMG3044.jpg

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users