43 replies to this topic

#11 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:45 AM

Ed, what's the steel grid on the back of your camper? Is that a fold up hitch mounted cargo carrier? Just wondering.
Hayduke

I wish I could take credit for the grid, but the previous owner put it on. It's a fold down table. It hinges on the bottom and has a hole at the outside end to put in an adjustable pole, the kind used for screwing on to a paint roller. I cut a cutting board and piece of plywood to fit in it. I'm going camping this weekend and plan to deploy it and get some pictures (that's when I was going to get the pictures of the drain hose, but the subject came up first). Going locally with 3 friends, a total of 6 dogs and one other FWC. This should be a good trip.

#12 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

The pictures that NCF posted look exactly like the part number that I gave you. Unless the threads are longer for some reason it should work.

If you are that close though, It would probably be just as easy to stop by FWC and pick one up.

If you ever get a chance, swing by our shop. I would like to take a look at the camper and see whats been improved on over the years.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#13 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:21 AM

Or actually, I should say my wife got one. FWC was willing to help us out but since Camping World is closer, my wife went there first. No luck there so she tried a big RV store next to Camping World. They sent her to a service store a couple of miles away which does carry the part. I did like the idea of upgrading or modifying but at $1.98 each, think I'll keep it simple and just replace the part as is.

Ben, thanks for the invite. I was mistaken when I said we have an "04 Hawk. it is an '03. Not sure if they changed much from when you left (2001?) until then, but I would like to see the shop and the manufacturing process.

Thanks to all for your help. We are about to leave for a two week road trip to Yellowstone. We'll give a wave to all the pop-tops on the way.

Ted

#14 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:37 AM

Ted glad you found one, and at $1.98 each, you could have spares without breaking the bank.

Have a great time at Yellowstone

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#15 BobD

BobD

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFallon, NV

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

Resurrecting this thread since my valve gave up the ghost this past weekend.  Has anyone had any luck finding a brass valve with a flange that works on the FWC's?  I use the valve quite a bit and would hate to have to keep replacing it.  I haven't pulled my valve out yet but is it 3/8 or 1/2?  Thanks in advance.

2010 Tacoma DCLB   2012 FWC Eagle

2017 F350 4x4 -  Super Doody Flushed

2019 DCLB Tundra - 2012 FWC Granby

#16 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

Resurrecting this thread since my valve gave up the ghost this past weekend.  Has anyone had any luck finding a brass valve with a flange that works on the FWC's?  I use the valve quite a bit and would hate to have to keep replacing it.  I haven't pulled my valve out yet but is it 3/8 or 1/2?  Thanks in advance.

Did a 90 degree elbow out of the tank and added a hose bid to the back. This was on my 2002 Hawk with the high tank. My newer 2013 Hawk has the low tank and the drain out the back. I put in a alum flange that has a radiator drain valve in it. Very slow compared to the hose bib. 

gallery_1903_342_140006.jpg

#17 BobD

BobD

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFallon, NV

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:54 AM

Thanks for the input.  The replacement is a 3/8" barb made by Petersen Molding P/N 18-959.

2010 Tacoma DCLB   2012 FWC Eagle

2017 F350 4x4 -  Super Doody Flushed

2019 DCLB Tundra - 2012 FWC Granby

#18 cfike

cfike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOakland, MD

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:33 AM

I am always looking for a more solid valve and I am considering this "RV Fresh Water Drain Valve Flange" on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/...CDNPYHw&vxp=mtr

I have already replaced the original valve once and the plastic replacement is so hard to turn it feels like it could snap off anytime.  I don't have anything to do with this ebay seller, just passing this along.  I'd be interested to hear what others think about it.

#19 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:42 AM

I am always looking for a more solid valve and I am considering this "RV Fresh Water Drain Valve Flange" on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/...CDNPYHw&vxp=mtr

I have already replaced the original valve once and the plastic replacement is so hard to turn it feels like it could snap off anytime.  I don't have anything to do with this ebay seller, just passing this along.  I'd be interested to hear what others think about it.

I have one like this on my camper. Works well but drains slow, I was used to a 1/2 hose valve. 

My valve P1110851.jpg

Edited by billharr, 24 October 2015 - 12:44 AM.

#20 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:14 AM

For a 2014 Grandby do we want the e/8" or 1/2" valve? How hard is the old to remove and the new one to install? For those that have done it can you provide step by step instruction?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users