#1 InspectorLance

InspectorLance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSeattle WA

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:48 AM

I Just got a 2006 Grandby with room for a porta potti. What make and model fits ? I looked at the dimensions of the Thetford 135 and it looks like it would be a tight fit.

what fits and what hits ?

Thanks
Lance

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,292 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

I Just got a 2006 Grandby with room for a porta potti. What make and model fits ? I looked at the dimensions of the Thetford 135 and it looks like it would be a tight fit.

what fits and what hits ?

Thanks
Lance

Hi Lance. I have a bobcat and use the Thetford marine model # 235. It was about $100 at amazon.Fits well in my space and has features that the standard units don't have. There is a thread about it some where but i can't find it . I posted pictures around the beginning of the year. Good luck.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

For your own comfort get the tallest/largest model that will fit the space. The one that comes with a new FWC was too short and small for easy use.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#4 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

For your own comfort get the tallest/largest model that will fit the space. The one that comes with a new FWC was too short and small for easy use.

DLN is right on! My Hawk originally came with the long couch on the right side. The space accommodated the Thetford porta potti that FWC installs. It was ok....but like DLN says.....it was a bit short.

Later, I had FWC tear out the couch and install the dinette. Part of that conversion was raising the height of the right side boxes by 3 inches. With the extra space available, I ordered a Thetford 465 with electric flush. What a nice upgrade. You will appreciate the extra height and capacity....especially on long trips.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0002_10001.JPG

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#5 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

i just cant standby and take any more of this: no interest in the alternative solutions already listed on this site? hmmmm?

come on.....messing with the chemicals...ugh....they make the problem a lot worse to deal with.

one leak in the camper interior and i am done. bumpy roads and a porta potti that is "holding" are not good.
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#6 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Aside from that, you're dropping/storing turds less than 36" from where you're preparing your next meal.

Just something to think about...

#7 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,333 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

KISS

No portapotti, no seat of any kind. WAG bags, simple way to take care of the daily duties. You go outside, open the package, spread out the appropriate bag on the ground, do a bombing run over the target, grab the bag, shake it up to spread the magic enzymes, seal everything up in the small outer bag, and toss it in the trash when you can.

No muss, no fuss, no odor, no searching for the prefect spot, we are not leaving a treasure behind for the next visitor to find, and we are not carrying around floaters in a bucket in the camper.

Attached Thumbnails

• wag-bag-001.jpg
  • wag-bag-002.jpg

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#8 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:12 AM

KISS

No portapotti, no seat of any kind. WAG bags, simple way to take care of the daily duties. You go outside, open the package, spread out the appropriate bag on the ground, do a bombing run over the target, grab the bag, shake it up to spread the magic enzymes, seal everything up in the small outer bag, and toss it in the trash when you can.

No muss, no fuss, no odor, no searching for the prefect spot, we are not leaving a treasure behind for the next visitor to find, and we are not carrying around floaters in a bucket in the camper.

x2 on the PETT Wag bags.

Easy to use and good for multiple uses. I use the bags with the folding seat when camping in the truck. I bought the seat when I had a hurt knee and had a hard time squatting, now I like the seat because it is relaxing to use.

It is a good alternative to a holding tank system.
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#9 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hey guys we've had this pett versus wet debate already, the question was which model of porti-potti to use, not what type to use. If we keep this up the fisherman will freak out again.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,333 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hey guys we've had this pett versus wet debate already, the question was which model of porti-potti to use, not what type to use. If we keep this up the fisherman will freak out again.

Thanks for the reminder, sorry.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users