• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 banderswipe

banderswipe

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

Hi Colo,the reason I like Keeno's build is I could not visualise the frame under the paneling,now all is revealed,which will be great for future alterations and improvements.
cheers,
kevin.
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel and always have some body help you load or unload your camper.

#22 cologuyw/oldakcamper

cologuyw/oldakcamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

Thanks Highriser. I might ask where you are located?

Thanks for the offer. I may remove that whole cabinet including the fridge, just use an ice chest. Like Mike did. Colo.

#23 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

The roller blinds were the original installation....sides and rear

when you're replacing the o-rings, make yourself a broom handle or an old garden tool handle cut to 22 5/8" and use it to brace up the corner you're working on...I've made one and keep it under the seats...so "someone" won't throw it away

Wilson "highriser".....thanks for the emblems and the trim Larry ....nice meeting your wife last week, sorry we couldn't stick around...had to get to Portland that evening

new aluminum eyebrow window covers are available...the RV place where I got mine during the rebuild is BK so I'll have to find another contact...but they ordered mine and it took a couple days to get them...in 06

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#24 Joaquin Suave

Joaquin Suave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

new aluminum eyebrow window covers are available...the RV place where I got mine during the rebuild is BK so I'll have to find another contact...but they ordered mine and it took a couple days to get them...in 06

Are the "eyebrows" still available? I need 2 sides and one front for a 8' NCO that I'm restoring.

#25 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

i had to put my end gutters on the garage floor and pound them with a hammer to get the right shapes,and they came out pretty good after i took the drill with a wire wheel to them.i made one side eve out of flashing from the hardware store. i looks close to original and works great. my wife made curtains that we threaded with elastic cord with loops on end and hang between hooks at corners of windows, took my fridge out . i like the cabinet as storage( i put doors on it). the gaskets that were firehose, i replaced with trimmed down 3" rubber weather seal from hardware store held on with 3/4 "wide carpet/vinyl floor edging screwed into the bottom edge of upper shell. it's cheap and works great

it sounds redneck, works great and the camper looks pretty good. my 1964 10ft nco cost me 50bucks and i put about 200 bucks in and we love it.

wes

#26 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Are the "eyebrows" still available? I need 2 sides and one front for a 8' NCO that I'm restoring.

http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Drip_Cap_p/vts-515.htm

that should take you directly to the page....use the size selector for the length you need...measure twice...order once

The 6'ers are proving to be a problem right now....I'll continue the hunt

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#27 dkoug

dkoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Here is a pix of my hydraulic pump. Kind of dirty in the photo (since cleaned up). The jack act as its own reservoir.

Mike

Mike
my jack is exactly like yours in my 69 NCO. It is jacking up unevenly and lowering the back binds as it comes down faster and binds up and will not come down all the way. Stupid question, want to check fluid level but wondering if I can simply thake off the fill bolt or does the top have to be down to prevent fluid from spilling out??

thanks

dkoug

#28 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Use the step up handle on the rear to adjust the fall of the top section....

as far as not coming down all the way....check the screw heads in the corners of the camper...the sometimes loosen and will stop the top cold.

#29 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

i learned the hard way. i filled the pump with the top up. when i let it down, i realized that i had way too much fluid . did a little clean-up and used my wife's turkey baster to draw out enough to lower it down.

wes

#30 dkoug

dkoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

i learned the hard way. i filled the pump with the top up. when i let it down, i realized that i had way too much fluid . did a little clean-up and used my wife's turkey baster to draw out enough to lower it down.

wes

Thanks Wes:

Another question; I have to figure out how to coach my top to come down.

Re hydraulic fluid, Is their a mark, line or measurement on how much to fill the pump??

thanks much.

dkoug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users