#1 paclow

paclow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:54 AM

Everyone:

I thought I'd pass along these photos of my new/used 2000 FWC Hawk. I picked it up last weekend in Sacremento. I found it on Craigslist and bought it for $5500. It needs a little cosmetic work inside but otherwise it is in perfect working order! I look forward to reading this forum regularly

DCP01416.JPG

DCP01417.JPG

#2 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:39 PM

Congratulations on the new camper. Hope to see you on the back roads.

#3 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

Looks like you got a great deal! Looks great on that 250 too :)

#4 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

Nice looking FWC! Either it's a little heavy or your RR tire is a bit low :eek: as shown in your photo. You made a good choice. Looks REALLY good sittin' on your truck. Hope you put 'er to good use. See ya down the road...:D

#5 paclow

paclow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback... You are right the back end sags a little, I have air bags installed on the truck but did not have them pumped up at the time of the pic.

I spent this entire weekend cleaning the outside and inside of the camper practically using a toothbrush!. It is amazing what a bottle of simple green and a scrub brush will do to the outside of the camper! Despite what the picture shows it was pretty dirty..... It is now super clean and looks as good as new!!! By the way simple green works great on the canvas top. It took all the mildew off with little effort. I then used a UV protectant on the canvas.

I was able to dismantle the seat cushions and put them in the clothes washer. They came out clean and as good as new! I also had to practically rebuild the seat base as many of the screws were missing or loose.

I also built a wood frame of 2x6 lumber under a 4x8 sheet of plywood with casters purchased at Home Depot. I can now roll it around in my gargage with little effort!

The camper is now in tip top shape ready for backcountry camping!!

#6 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

What brand of UV protectant did you use? Was this a manufacture suggested item or have you used this before? Thinking I might do the canvas on my Sportsmobile before winter sets in. Does this product waterproof (repel) the canvas also? Thanks...

#7 paclow

paclow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

I used a product that Stan at FWC sold me. It is 303 Aerospace Protectant. He said you could get similar products for less money at any RV outlet or perhaps Walmart/Target. It says it is SPF 40 for UV Protection. It kind of feels like armour all when it goes on. I only bought it because I was there at the factory and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I can't say how it works yet since my camper has not made it out of the garage. I'm headed to Eastern Oregon this weekend for its maiden voyage.:) I may have a better idea upon my return.

#8 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

Cool, hope you have a good maiden voyage. I bought some 303 to use on my Guest Spotlight that came with my Sportsmobile. The marine dealer I bought it from swears by it. I'm just on the way out for a little camping adventure in the local Olympic Mountains where I live. Be Careful, it's tinder dry out there! No camp fires for me!...Captainkettel...:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users