jayaronow@gmail.com

#12 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit."

"How to avoid Pleurisy: Never make love to a girl named Candy on the tailgate of a half-ton Ford pickup during a chill rain in April out on Grandview Point in San Juan County, Utah."

"It's a fool's life, a rogue's life, and a good life if you keep laughing all the way to the grave."

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#13 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

“When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem”

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#14 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

“There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California.”

Edward Abbey quote

I did not know who he was this is a great thread.

#15 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,333 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

"Freedom begins between the ears."
– Edward Abbey

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#16 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

"Time and the winds will sooner or later bury the Seven Cities of Cibola - Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, all of them - under dunes of glowing sand, over which blue-eyed Navajo bedouin will herd their sheep and horses, following the river in winter, the mountains in summer, and sometimes striking off across the desert toward the red canyons of Utah where great waterfalls plunge over silt-filled, ancient, mysterious dams."

- Edward Abbey

Even if our best efforts to protect the land from too many people fail, Mother Earth will have the final word.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#17 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

Damn, I can't lay my hands on anyof my Ed Abbey. I condensed my library recently to clear a bedroom and now I can't findanything.

Thank goodness for google, here goes:

"So I lived alone.
The first thing I did was take off my pants. Naturally. Next I unloaded the horse, smacked her on the rump and sent her back to the village."

-Edward Abbey,
Desert Solitaire, a season in the wilderness, 1968

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#18 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,333 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

Once upon a time, I dreamed of becoming a great man. Later, a good man. Now, finally, I find it difficult enough and honor enough to be – a man.
– Edward Abbey

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#19 busboy66

busboy66

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

This is killer stuff:

One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am — a reluctant enthusiast... a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.

From a speech to environmentalists in Missoula, Montana, and in Colorado, which was published in High Country News, (24 September 1976), under the title "Joy, Shipmates, Joy!", as quoted in Saving Nature's Legacy : Protecting and Restoring Biodiversity (1994) by Reed F. Noss, Allen Y. Cooperrider, and Rodger Schlickeisen

Courtesy wikiquote.org

#20 busboy66

busboy66

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:39 AM

I wonder how Candy felt about that quote? Good one! ;)

"How to avoid Pleurisy: Never make love to a girl named Candy on the tailgate of a half-ton Ford pickup during a chill rain in April out on Grandview Point in San Juan County, Utah."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users