122 replies to this topic

#41 K7MDL

K7MDL

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSnohomish, WA

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

K7MDL,

Are you looking for an LCD TV wall mount to mount a TV or to mount your table?

The stock FWC table. I have seen in the past simple ones made of a tube bent 90 degrees, and the vertical part slips into the wall mount extrusion. The LCD mount is usually pinned or bolted to the end of the horizontal portion so it can be removed or rotated. Of course I cannot find one of those now that I am actually wanting one. I figure the most likely place is one of the Office supply catalogs. Most likey use is Kiosks and desktop monitors.

2016 F-150 FX4 XLT SCab | Ingot Silver | 6.5' | 3.5EB | 3.55 w/rear locker | Tow | IBC | 7050# GVWR | 1945# Payload | 36Gal | BFG A/T KO2 LT275/70R18E | Timbrens

2022 FWC Hawk Silver Spur | Front Dinette | Cassette Toilet | Cooktop | Hot Water | Outside shower | CR850 fridge | 160W rooftop solar panel | 15A MPPT controller | Dual 90AH AGM batteries | Yakima Rack | 2 Maxxair fans | Furnace | Fiama side awning | Mechanical Jacks

#42 HIKEMT

HIKEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWestern Montana

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

I mounted my Lagun mount into the side of the step area.

Leadsled, if mounted to the front wall of the camper instead of to the shorter step area, would the horizontal arm rotate freely, or would it require a spacer behind the wall mount plate to give the arm enough room to swivel?
'07 Tundra DC 4x4 TRD '11 ATC Ocelot shell

#43 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

Leadsled, if mounted to the front wall of the camper instead of to the shorter step area, would the horizontal arm rotate freely, or would it require a spacer behind the wall mount plate to give the arm enough room to swivel?

For a flush mount like that it looks like you'd need about 1" of spacer.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#44 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

I just thought I'd revive this thread from last year and see if leadsled9 or anyone else has any thoughts to add.

I posted back in July that I'm ready to get one, but I never did. Well, now I'm really ready, for the reasons I stated back then but now even more so.
In the past 11 months since I retired I've spent almost 3 months out camping in my camper -- and trying to maneuver around my table, and that's given me plenty of time to confirm how frustrating that table really is. Yeah, in one sense it's something I've gotten used to...but it's like getting used to using eyeglasses to see -- you can do it, but you'd love to not have to.

Anyway, I'm going to contact SVHotwire and see if they still have this Lagun bracket "orderable". It still shows on their website for $275, but it doesn't indicate availability, so I don't know if it's still real or just an old page.

Any updated thoughts from users or from the users of the much-cheaper Chinese knock-off?
Or thoughts on alternative-similar approaches to a movable-mount table? I seem to recall someone posting about using the mount-bracket from Westfalia/Vanagon Camper Van...

Thanks.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#45 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

http://www.cascadede...Anodized/Detail

BobM posted this link in another thread.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#46 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

http://www.cascadede...Anodized/Detail

BobM posted this link in another thread.

Yes...I saw that posted by someone else in a different Lagun thread. I wonder how it's worked out for anyone who bought it. ?? Like, "kinda wiggly" or "fell apart" or "Great -- and at 70%-off the price of the Swedish product!"

While I can justify (to myself) paying the Swedish-Lagun price...I'd rather not if it's not necessary. ;)

#47 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I really struggled with this. I wanted the Lagun leg and even designed a table top to go with it. But when I was designing our new Cougar we ended up with so much floor space that these work just great inside.

http://www.amazon.com/Adams-Manufacturing-8500-01-3700-Quick-Fold-Table/dp/B0015XDK9Y

They're cheap and since we already have 2 it worked out well. But even with a standard camper these babys fit. they're inexpensive and have tons of uses in and out of the camper. I admit they're very low tech and not as cool looking as a lagun but they work. Strike another blow for KISS

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#48 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

The Lagun Table mount is the single best thing I've done to my camper.....and I've done quite a bit.

Get one....you won't regret it. You'll love the flexability it gives you especially since you are spending so much time in your camper now.

Just DO IT!

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#49 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

The Lagun Table mount is the single best thing I've done to my camper.....and I've done quite a bit.
Get one....you won't regret it. You'll love the flexability it gives you especially since you are spending so much time in your camper now.
Just DO IT!

Thanks for the endorsement and encouragement, leadsled9!
Yes, I'm going to do it -- before my next long trip...maybe before my next trip of any length (depending on availability and shipping time).

After my trip to Utah last May in which I spent $1000 on truck gas, that has become my "great comparator":
"I spent $1000 on gas and all I got from it are just one trip worth of photos, memories....and global warming." Posted Image
So spending $275 on something that will enhance "campability" over many trips, probably over many years, is really a trivial expense when calculated per trip.

What I like about it is that it can swing out of the way in seconds (say, to get better access to stuff in cabinets) and then swing back in place.
I travel by myself so (almost all the time) only one person is maneuvering around in the camper. I really can't imagine how two people could move around in there with a table in place. (Note: I have the couch -- maybe the dinette arrangement is better.)
I suppose if the couple liked each other than the constant bumping into and rubbing against one another would be OK...but seems like that could lead to delays in food prep. Posted Image

#50 K7MDL

K7MDL

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSnohomish, WA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

I have the couch and I figure a simple 1.25" round pipe bent 90 degrees (in a smooth arc, say 6-9" radius, think thick wall conduit pipe and tube bender) and slipped into a slightly larger 4" long tube welded to a flat mounting plate might work well. I would mount it to the cabinet face across from the couch. The table top woudl also be a simple tube weldedto a plate affair with pin inserted at 0 or 90 degrees for storage.

Because it is a tube it would easily push out of the way (pivot to the right for example against the cabinets), and the table top could have a removable pin that you pull and let it rotate 90 degrees to the vertical position thus lie flat against the cabinet face, or in my case with a Grandby, lie flat in front of the empty storage space where I have a stretch net now. Out of the way and easy to position in fornt of the couch in a few positions, especially if the table portion of the tube has a few holes drilled along it length and you can pin the table top closer or further from the wall bracket changing its effective length.

This is on my to do list but I do not have a tube bender or welder yet. But I prefer to live without a table in the camper then try to store a pedestal table or walk around one.

I looked at some marine supply sites thinking boats surely have this problem also. I found some things close to what I envisioned. The Lagun style does not fit flush against a vertical wall very well. The gas grill and heavy duty RAM mount type approaches have some promise.
http://www.overtons....I1&merchID=4006

2016 F-150 FX4 XLT SCab | Ingot Silver | 6.5' | 3.5EB | 3.55 w/rear locker | Tow | IBC | 7050# GVWR | 1945# Payload | 36Gal | BFG A/T KO2 LT275/70R18E | Timbrens

2022 FWC Hawk Silver Spur | Front Dinette | Cassette Toilet | Cooktop | Hot Water | Outside shower | CR850 fridge | 160W rooftop solar panel | 15A MPPT controller | Dual 90AH AGM batteries | Yakima Rack | 2 Maxxair fans | Furnace | Fiama side awning | Mechanical Jacks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users