Saw a FWC today

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robbie

robbie

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:47 AM

I was driving home today from Faro Yukon and on the Robert Campbell highway (misnomer) I passed a FWC on a dodge 3/4 ton. At least I think it was a dodge. Tan in colour. could not see the plate as way too dusty. If you are the one and see this have a great trip.
I was driving a grey dodge dakota quad cab 4 x 4.
Neither one of us saw many vehicles. 300 miles and I think maybe 5 vehicles in total.

robbie

#2 Buzz

Buzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

I was driving home today from Faro Yukon and on the Robert Campbell highway (misnomer) I passed a FWC on a dodge 3/4 ton. At least I think it was a dodge. Tan in colour. could not see the plate as way too dusty. If you are the one and see this have a great trip.
Neither one of us saw many vehicles. 300 miles and I think maybe 5 vehicles in total.

robbie

#3 Buzz

Buzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Robbie,

Good to hear that you are still looking out for FWC's and ATC's.

Sure hope diesel prices go down. We hit $4+/gal here in Austin, but prices are now on the decline.

I'm going to Silverton, CO, this summer for a family rendezvous. I really like that area.

I told my wife that I gotta make the big trip again. Maybe I'll see you in the summer of 2012.

Keep it up,
Buzz

#4 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

robbie

Barry,
That was my truck you passed, we were on the way to Faro where we spent two days. We're now in Dawson City for
a couple days. The Ferries aren't running on the Dempster yet, but looks like this weekend. Will be starting up the Dempster tomorrow, spending a few days hiking and birding at Tombstone Territorial Park, then driving on up, spending another day or two at other campgrounds. Diesel is killing me...Over $6.00 per gallon in Dawson City.
I'll guess it will just get worse as we travel up the Dempster. Other than horrific fuel prices, It's been a great trip. REALLY looking forward to driving the Dempster to Inuvik..

Bob

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#5 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

OK Bob, its about time we start seeing some pics. :)

marc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#6 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

OK Bob, its about time we start seeing some pics. :)

marc

Marc, will post some pictures on trip report,
just arrived in Inuvik today, had to wait 4 days
in Tombstone Regional Park before we could
Continue up the Dempster. Only had one flat
on the way up. Have about 1500 pics to go
Through and trip is only a third of the way
Through. Pics coming soon..

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#7 robbie

robbie

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:17 AM

Yup that's the truck. I came down the robert campbell again today. Road is still good but quite muddy..

robbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users