• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jdonovan

jdonovan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:03 AM

I have a 68 Alaskan Camper and I need help finding the factory teardrop marker lights and the round porch light. A couple of the marker lights are broken and the porch light is missing the lens cover...thanks in advance Joe

Attached Thumbnails

• teardrop light.jpg
  • porch light.jpg

#2 MikeDahlager

MikeDahlager

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Check out Vintage Trailer Supply <http://www.vintagetr...lersupply.com/> Good company to deal with.
Mike

2007 Okanagan model 96DB, 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel

"Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

#3 jdonovan

jdonovan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

Is there a name or part number on the original porch light lens. Not have much luck finding one...thanks..Joe

#4 Oz_70

Oz_70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKitsap Peninsula, WA

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

I have a 68 Alaskan Camper and I need help finding the factory teardrop marker lights and the round porch light. A couple of the marker lights are broken and the porch light is missing the lens cover...thanks in advance Joe

Hi Joe, I am also looking at replacing my rear porch light cover. I am thinking I may just replace the entire light with a modern circle light with LEDs and a clear magnified lens. This way it matches the original, but has all advantages of modern convenience. I suggest checking eBay for the teardrops or vintage trailer supply, and also check eBay for the circle porch lens. When you do your Google searches, search for vintage Van or Truck dome lamp/lights.

If you find a match, let me know. Good hunting! Below are some links for you viewing.

Oz

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=teardrop+light+rv&_sacat=0&_odkw=teardrop+light&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Chevrolet-Ford-Dodge-Van-Truck-Dome-Lights-USA-/170406049924?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27acfdf884#ht_500wt_956
Oz! "If your going to be stupid.....you gotta be tuff!

#5 TomSegla

TomSegla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

I looked for a lens, but ended up replacing the whole light with a Perko brand marine dome light. It wasn't cheap, but its good quality, made in the USA and pretty close to the original.
Tom

#6 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Like Mike said............

http://www.vintagetr...t_p/vts-214.htm

I fought finding a replacement for the round as well and ended up with a rectangular 12v rv light...works

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#7 jdonovan

jdonovan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

I bought the new teardrop lights. They are a good replacement, until I find the correct Reflecto-Lites. I also found a lens for the porch light. The lens has a lip in the inside, that I ended up cutting out with a utility knife. It did go on without doing this, but you could see the edges of the lens pucker out because of the high spots on the light base. My light base has 'Lo-Volt Inc" stamped in it. The base also has a hole in it like there was a screw/bolt that help secure the lens on. I was also thinking of drilling a couple of holes in the lens side so that the lens is secured better, still thinking of options. I don't want to replace the light only because the camper is in remarkable shape and I want to try and keep it original as much as I can. You can buy the lens at www.vintagecampers.com. The lens has "signal-stat 77-570" on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 009.JPG
  • 012.JPG
  • 014.JPG
  • 006.JPG

#8 Oz_70

Oz_70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

I bought the new teardrop lights. They are a good replacement, until I find the correct Reflecto-Lites. I also found a lens for the porch light. The lens has a lip in the inside, that I ended up cutting out with a utility knife. It did go on without doing this, but you could see the edges of the lens pucker out because of the high spots on the light base. My light base has 'Lo-Volt Inc" stamped in it. The base also has a hole in it like there was a screw/bolt that help secure the lens on. I was also thinking of drilling a couple of holes in the lens side so that the lens is secured better, still thinking of options. I don't want to replace the light only because the camper is in remarkable shape and I want to try and keep it original as much as I can. You can buy the lens at www.vintagecampers.com. The lens has "signal-stat 77-570" on it.

Nice! I will order mine tonight! Any other projects?

Oz

#9 jdonovan

jdonovan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

The original seal needs to be replaced. I understand the new stuff is Perelli. It looks like the original was made from cloth material. Does anyone know what this bracket(see picture) is for. It's located in the rear, near the tailgate. Also, its a tight squeeze getting the truck in the garage. Will have to work on that too....Joe

Attached Thumbnails

• 005.JPG
  • 001.JPG

#10 Oz_70

Oz_70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

The original seal needs to be replaced. I understand the new stuff is Perelli. It looks like the original was made from cloth material. Does anyone know what this bracket(see picture) is for. It's located in the rear, near the tailgate. Also, its a tight squeeze getting the truck in the garage. Will have to work on that too....Joe

Its used to hold the top of the dutch door open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users