Ford F150 super crew, ATC Ocelot shell, Icom 706MKIIG,  AC6GD

#122 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:13 AM

ATC offers customization, they have superb customer service, and great campers. Prices are lower than their competition.

When you call, you’re almost always talking to one of the owners.

I am haunted by waters

#123 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

Over the past 10-12 years I've had my Hawk worked on by both ATC and FWC and both do excellent work, but I've found ATC to be more reasonable on costs and their turn around time much faster. 2 years ago I decided I wanted to buy a new camper and visited both factories. FWC makes a great camper but weren't willing to do any customizations. Marty, on the other hand was willing to build the camper with most of the modifications I wanted and the cost still came in under FWC. A newer(for me) Hawk came up for sale at that time and I ended up buying it instead. Fast forward to February 2019, a large oak fell on my property and totaled my Tundra and Hawk. 2 weeks ago I put my order in for an ATC Panther Shell. Again, Marty was willing to build the camper with my list of mods that I wanted. Understandably, ATC has limits on what they can do, but if it's possible they'll do it. Options will include the stove top and Marty will have the electrical and gas line set up for me to install a Propex Heater. He'll also build a sofa across the front of the camper and use parts from the side dinette off my old Hawk. He'll also pre-wire for my Truckfridge as well as a couple of other items I plan on adding later. Bottom line, Marty is great to work with and he really enjoys brain storming with you to create the setup that you want!! You can't go wrong with either ATC or FWC - they're both quality products. I just like ATC's willingness to work with you. Good luck on your choice!!

Edited by Ronin, 26 April 2019 - 03:43 PM.

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#124 5outta6

5outta6

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:52 PM

I fell off the fence right into ATC shop.. Ocelot shell ordered....

#125 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

Congrats. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#126 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

I fell off the fence right into ATC shop.. Ocelot shell ordered....

I think you will be very happy with your choice. Congrats!

I am haunted by waters

#127 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

Congratulations - you'll love your new Ocelot! If you don't mind sharing, did you order any options or is it a pure shell?

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#128 Wango

Wango

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOregon,Montana

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:07 PM

To add two cents,

They build what you want. FWC are great, just more than some of us want. 

I wanted mine the way I wanted it, for better or worse, they gave me what I asked for.

And to this day, are still great to work with. Always available for a question.

w

alstrom.jpg

... just average for a hill-billy...
2016 F350 cc, ATC Custom Flatbed

2022 AEV/Jeep JTRD

#129 5outta6

5outta6

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

Congratulations - you'll love your new Ocelot! If you don't mind sharing, did you order any options or is it a pure shell?

Options are :  Fantastic fan & 150 watt solar panel.

#130 57Pan

57Pan

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

I was first looking at doing a van conversion, then tossed around a small pop up tent trailer that I would modify the suspension to tow behind my Tacoma. Then I started researching campers it was down to FWC or ATC they both looked very nice to me. Couldn’t justify the price of a new one, just kept watching craigslist and a 2011 ATC Bobcat popped up and I was the first one to jump on it. I was able to buy it from a really nice gentlemen in his 80’s, he said he was having a tuff time getting in the bed so he bought a small tow behind trailer.
Just in the process of cleaning it up and making mounts for my Tacoma. It is in awesome condition, and the quality of original build shines thru.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users