171 replies to this topic

#131 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:10 PM

I was first looking at doing a van conversion, then tossed around a small pop up tent trailer that I would modify the suspension to tow behind my Tacoma. Then I started researching campers it was down to FWC or ATC they both looked very nice to me. Couldn’t justify the price of a new one, just kept watching craigslist and a 2011 ATC Bobcat popped up and I was the first one to jump on it. I was able to buy it from a really nice gentlemen in his 80’s, he said he was having a tuff time getting in the bed so he bought a small tow behind trailer.
Just in the process of cleaning it up and making mounts for my Tacoma. It is in awesome condition, and the quality of original build shines thru.

First, welcome to WTW!

I think you’ll love your Bobcat. They are great little campers and the crew at ATC is the best, congrats on your camper!

I am haunted by waters

#132 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:08 PM

First, welcome to WTW!

I think you’ll love your Bobcat. They are great little campers and the crew at ATC is the best, congrats on your camper!

Ditto what Sage says.

IMO the Bobcat is a great camper.Ours is in it's 10 year of use with over 50K miles of trips with it.

Also great crew at ATC.

Buying new I did have a choice .Checked out both FWC and ATC.

Totally impressed with ATC and the value you get for the price.

Also a welcome to the "cult".

Enjoy your Bobcat.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#133 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:23 PM

Welcome to WTW - I'm sure you'll love your ATC Bobcat. You probably won't ever have your Bobcat serviced for anything but if you do Marty and crew provide excellent service at reasonable rates. Happy adventures!!

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#134 57Pan

57Pan

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

Up date on ATC Bobcat. Now that I have had this camper for a few month, been camping a few times. Including a trip thru Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and back to Washington. I can’t say enough about it, it has lived up to all my expectations. Everything works perfectly, and it has been totally comfortable for me and my wife. I would highly recommend an ATC camper.

#135 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:40 PM

Up date on ATC Bobcat. Now that I have had this camper for a few month, been camping a few times. Including a trip thru Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and back to Washington. I can’t say enough about it, it has lived up to all my expectations. Everything works perfectly, and it has been totally comfortable for me and my wife. I would highly recommend an ATC camper.

I agree! The ATC team builds wonderful campers! “Built To Survive”.

I am haunted by waters

#136 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

We're getting our first rain so I can't go on my planned hike, so I thought I'd post some pics of my new Panther. I picked it up on July 10th and have gone on 2 trips so far and I couldn't be happier with how it came out. The Panther is 84" wide so there's more clearance between the rear fenders. I don't have to use the jack bracket extensions I needed for my old Hawk. I opted for the 2" higher sides that give more head room plus a little bit more clearance for climbing over each other on the sleeper. I didn't get the extended bed but Marty added the side brackets for it if I decide to add it later. This is a tweener decision for us cuz' although a wider bed is nice, I don't like having to store the extra cushions and the extended bed would get in the way of the front bench seat. Being backpackers we're used to having only 48" of sleeping space, so we'll see how things work out.

Attached Thumbnails

• panther ext - 1.jpg
  • panther ext - 1 (1).jpg
  • panther int - 1.jpg
  • panther int - 1 (4).jpg

Edited by Ronin, 16 September 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#137 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Looks great Ronin! Congrats and best wishes for safe travels!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#138 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

More pics.

The Panther has the 2 burner stove and I've installed the Propex heater. I already had the Truckfridge and slider that I built for my old Hawk. Marty made me an extra table top that I wanted for a small food prep table. I installed the side table using simple 12" folding shelf brackets. My original plan was to build cabinets that would sit on each side of the passenger side window but I really like the extra space. A few other add ons are extra usb plugs, 2 places to plug in my portable 120 watt solar charger - one on the roof and one near the passenger side front, and side awning light. Oh yeah, there's a large side window on the drivers side which is why I need the fridge on a slider to keep it from blocking the view when the side table is being used. All and all I'm extremely happy with how the camper came out. Marty and crew were fantastic!! 

One additional note - the camper weight came in at 988 lbs with the jacks installed, so around 900 lbs without them.

Attached Thumbnails

• panther int - 1 (1).jpg
  • panther int - 1 (3).jpg

Edited by Ronin, 03 October 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#139 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:14 PM

Looks great Ronin! Congrats and best wishes for safe travels!

I hadn't heard of ATC before joining the WTW community. Thanks to you and a few other owners favorable comments it was a no brainer to have Marty build my Panther. I realize that most of the mods I did were because I always had used FWCs and I was never satisfied with the layout. I did gain valuable experience that I used for coming up with my ideal layout!

#140 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

Ronin what a nice job the guys at ATC did.

IMO their campers are the best and working with them is such a great experience.

How do you like the side dinette?

Our Bobcat has a side dinette,the second one they made,and we love it.

No problems with not enough storage.

Enjoy your new camper.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users