• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#141 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:33 PM

Ronin what a nice job the guys at ATC did.

IMO their campers are the best and working with them is such a great experience.

How do you like the side dinette?

Our Bobcat has a side dinette,the second one they made,and we love it.

No problems with not enough storage.

Enjoy your new camper.

Frank

Thanks! Really llke the side dinette. On my Hawk I converted the rollover couch to side dinette and the seat by the door had the backrest that rolled over to convert to a bed. I was concerned about the lack of a backrest on the ATC but the Mrs says she doesn't miss it at all. In and out access is much easier without having the back of seat in the way.The other thing that I really like is the bench seat under the front window. Both of us can stretch out and read or rest at the same time. It also gives us another bed if we're stealth camping. Attached a larger view of seating.panther seat - 1.jpg

Edited by Ronin, 16 September 2019 - 08:40 PM.

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#142 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:40 PM

I like your setup.With a Bobcat there isn't enough room for a front seat.

Also ours is a full camper so the stove/water tank is in the way up front.

Thanks for sharing your camper.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#143 KLillie

KLillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:01 PM

So i'm really leaning toward buying an ATC over a FWC because I called them recently and they will custom make a shell camper the same size as the FWC Eagle that is no longer made. Trying to find good a used Eagle is a pain and I would need to gut whatever i found to build it the way I want anyway. 

#144 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:16 PM

So i'm really leaning toward buying an ATC over a FWC because I called them recently and they will custom make a shell camper the same size as the FWC Eagle that is no longer made. Trying to find good a used Eagle is a pain and I would need to gut whatever i found to build it the way I want anyway. 

You’ll like your ATC.  I recommend adding a furnace to your shell, it’s nice to be warm, and it helps keep the interior free of condensation.  Marty is great to work with.

I am haunted by waters

#145 KLillie

KLillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:38 PM

You’ll like your ATC.  I recommend adding a furnace to your shell, it’s nice to be warm, and it helps keep the interior free of condensation.  Marty is great to work with.

I was planning on adding a diesel heater or a camco wave3

#146 SkyP

SkyP

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:56 PM

Another plug for ATC-  closing in on departure date for our recent trip to Utah, Colorado and Wyoming, I had an issue with a supplier of EZ-Cool- a similar but IMO better alternative to Reflectix.  

Since my grandson and I were going to be in some very hot and some cold camping I was going to make my own "Cold Weather Pack" to place in the upper vinyl area.

I had done sme testing with remarkable results- with full sun on the grey vinyl I easily saw in excess of 100F on the interior side.

With a layer of EZCool scrap I had leftover from my Transit build I saw around 85F under the exact same condtions,

So I ordered a big roll of EZCool- well it sat in the Washington GA post office for a week then disappeared.

Ordered another roll as I closed in on departure date.

Amazingly it too made it to Washington GA post office and disappeared.

Beginning to panic I called ATC on a friday and inquired of Marty as to availability of the "Cold Weather Pack".   He said they were weeks out but he'd see what he could do.  Called me back on Monday and asked where I wanted it shipped! It could go out immediately!

Whew!   Problm solved!

BTW I filed official complaints with the USPS about TWO lost packages at their Washington, GA facility.   This was back in May.

Still waiting on a response, which past experience tells me I'll never get one.

20 F150 4x4 18 ATC Panther

96 F350 4x4  99 FWC Grandby Shell (sold)

15 Aliner Scout

18 Camplite 16TBS

#147 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:14 PM

SkyP,another great service from Marty and crew.

ATC the best IMO.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#148 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:53 PM

Another plug for ATC-  closing in on departure date for our recent trip to Utah, Colorado and Wyoming, I had an issue with a supplier of EZ-Cool- a similar but IMO better alternative to Reflectix.  

Since my grandson and I were going to be in some very hot and some cold camping I was going to make my own "Cold Weather Pack" to place in the upper vinyl area.

I had done sme testing with remarkable results- with full sun on the grey vinyl I easily saw in excess of 100F on the interior side.

With a layer of EZCool scrap I had leftover from my Transit build I saw around 85F under the exact same condtions,

So I ordered a big roll of EZCool- well it sat in the Washington GA post office for a week then disappeared.

Ordered another roll as I closed in on departure date.

Amazingly it too made it to Washington GA post office and disappeared.

Beginning to panic I called ATC on a friday and inquired of Marty as to availability of the "Cold Weather Pack".   He said they were weeks out but he'd see what he could do.  Called me back on Monday and asked where I wanted it shipped! It could go out immediately!

Whew!   Problm solved!

BTW I filed official complaints with the USPS about TWO lost packages at their Washington, GA facility.   This was back in May.

Still waiting on a response, which past experience tells me I'll never get one.

did the atc cold weather pac utilize ez cool ?

Oregon

#149 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:00 AM

i bought an atc shell, so it is not very complicated..

i liked their product and design. they answered the phone every time i called, and answered all my dumb questions.  marty - one of the owners,  explained the entire camper to me and helen, showed how it works, and why, etc.  it was nice to meet the biz owner, who is proud of his product.  he even showed me the safest way to exit the camper.   at the factory, i got to see an aluminum frame in construction, and was impressed.

Oregon

#150 SkyP

SkyP

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2021 - 01:33 AM

did the atc cold weather pac utilize ez cool ?

Nope, just the synthetic fabric- which does make a difference.  I plan to insert a layer of EZCool between the outer vinyl and the cold weather pa ck when it is really brutal outside.

20 F150 4x4 18 ATC Panther

96 F350 4x4  99 FWC Grandby Shell (sold)

15 Aliner Scout

18 Camplite 16TBS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users