• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

Ah com'on Jay, you don't think we'd ever use it.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#22 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

DLN, I trust everyone here but every now and then Pam reads this stuff. Please dont tell her I said that.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#23 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

I can't thank everyone enough for the replies that you have taken the time to post on this thread. I also couldn't ask for better compliments than you have given our company and the guys.

Thanks again and again and again...................................................
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#24 quailsroost

quailsroost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:48 AM

Customer service from everyone at ATC, none of my questions went unanswered and response was quick. Weight was a big factor to me over all the manufactures, my camper stays on the truck always, ATC and FWC are about the same so the field was narrowed down to those two. The bed size was also a biggie for me, exact same size as my bedroll with out any monkeying around with pull outs and brackets, just pop the top and get in bed. Materials seemed better with the ATC, no particle board and there was no corner cutting on the fixtures either. Today I did 70 miles on desert roads in the mojave, most of it was washboard and washed out in some places too, I felt after looking at both company's the All terrain camper was hands down the better choice for this kind of use.

#25 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Just another reason...

http://www.wanderthe...99&postcount=24

Mike

'08 ATC Cougar (built 06/16/08)
# of nights in camper: '08=15, '12=21,'13=16, '14=10, '15=52, '16=11, '17=20 (equals 145)

#26 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

As an FWC owner I've got warn readers that not all the differences being state here are necessarily correct. Check them out for yourself. Aside from Ben and Marty's excellent participation in this forum and willingness share their experience there are not huge differences in the campers. I might have given ATC a look 15 months ago if I'd had the opportunity.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#27 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

DLN,

What differences do you see that are not correct??

I have been through all the posts and the only problem one that I see is the last one that seems to infer that there might be particle board in an FWC.

To the best of my knowledge, FWC does not use any particle board or cut any corners in building their campers. They still make a great product and I am sure they will continue to long into the future.

I have pointed out to many people the differences in our campers. The basic build is pretty much the same. FWC offers a lot more options than we do and they have that neat couch that everyone likes. They have upgraded the cabinets in the camper to nicer fronts with doors on them also. Overall I think they have a better looking camper.

In the past the customer who was looking for this type of camper really only had one choice. Now you have two but if someone is claiming something about ours that is not correct, I would like to correct the problem now and not mislead anyone as to the differences in our campers.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

#28 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

And one more reason!!

http://www.wanderthe...ght=screen door

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#29 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

Ben,

My post had nothing at all to do with anything you or Marty have said about the camper differences. In fact, I find your willingness to be honest, straight forward, and even complimentary to FWC very refreshing and shows an integrity that is a bit uncommon it today's business world. My reference was mainly aimed at the "particle board, cutting corners, and better materials" reference. I felt it would be unfair to FWC for the reader to take that statement as a fact but was trying not to offend the writer by being too specific. As I stated I likely would have had to make a tough decision between the two brands if I was buying today. Nothing but respect, Ben.

#30 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

DLN,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like we caught the same thing then. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users