#1 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Dear Fellow Wanderers,

With mixed emotions it is time to announce that I am stepping down as owner of Wander the West effective immediately. The site will now be owned and operated by Andy R who started a small company focused on fostering online communities. I spoke to Andy at length before making this decision and feel he will be a good fit here. This change will allow me to dedicate more time and resources to my mining history website, which you all know is my passion project. I do not expect that there will be any day to day changes in the website and the change of ownership should be a transparent process.

I still look forward to sharing trip reports with the community and will continue to participate as an active member of Wander the West. Happy New Year to you all and I'm hoping to see all my friends soon in our usual backcountry spots.

Sincerely,
DirtyDog (Aaron)

#2 Gormley Green

Gormley Green

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSquamish, BC

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

You have done an awesome job here with this site and making it a community. I'd be lost without it, I think. Thank you for your time and effort. Good luck with your other work.

Cheers
2015 F350 FX4 with a 2010 FWC Hawk

#3 Andy R

Andy R

• Adminstrators
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hey Wanderers,

I know it's always weird when the founder of a site posts an announcement that he's sold the site. As the new owner I'll need to earn your trust so please give me some time to continue business as usual. Social Knowledge is a tiny company so don't worry, there are no corporate overlords taking over your community. I work with a gal from Washington named Janet and Jeff, the programmer is from upstate New York. I current live in Texas but plan to move back to Colorado at some point in the future. I enjoy car camping deep in the wilderness and driving trails. At this time I have a 3 month old baby and 2 year old so I don't get much time to go wander but I am desperately jonesing for trip on my own.

Andy

#4 terrisjoy

terrisjoy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Dear Fellow Wanderers,

With mixed emotions it is time to announce that I am stepping down as owner of Wander the West effective immediately. The site will now be owned and operated by Andy R who started a small company focused on fostering online communities. I spoke to Andy at length before making this decision and feel he will be a good fit here. This change will allow me to dedicate more time and resources to my mining history website, which you all know is my passion project. I do not expect that there will be any day to day changes in the website and the change of ownership should be a transparent process.

I still look forward to sharing trip reports with the community and will continue to participate as an active member of Wander the West. Happy New Year to you all and I'm hoping to see all my friends soon in our usual backcountry spots.

Sincerely,
DirtyDog (Aaron)

#5 terrisjoy

terrisjoy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thank you so much for all your support and hard work keeping Wander the West alive and functioning. Over the years I have so enjoyed being a part of this amazing resourceful community. I wish you well with your future endevors, thanks again . Terri

#6 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Wow ... SHOCKER. Thanks for the ride Aaron, its been a good one. Wish u all the best in your new endeavor.

marc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#7 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Aaron,

Wander the West is for me like no other forum out there. It has become a community I truly feel like I'm a part of. It has allowed me to experience new adventures and to make new friends. I hope Andy is able to keep it going strong and I wish you all the best. But whatever happens, thank you for what you have done.

Ted

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#8 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

Good luck!!!
2002 Chevy 2500HD 1993 Four Wheel Grandby

#9 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Shocker indeed! Posted Image

Aaron -
I wish you well and hope to continue to see you around, whether virtually -- here -- or "out there".
- Mark

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#10 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'll echo Ted's sentiments exactly. Thanks for everything Aaron and welcome aboard Andy.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users