• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:26 AM

Cast Iron! We have a cheap 8" cast iron skillet. Yes, its heavy. But it never needs to be thoroughly cleaned - just wipe off crumbs and bits. The grease keeps it stick free and "seasoned". Can't use it with spicy foods though. I put it right in the fire on the coals. And it should be stored in something smell-proof in bear country, ant-proof and rodent-proof otherwise. Also carry non-stick fry pan and pots. Warm water and camp suds like the others already said usually does the trick. I'm getting good at aluminum foil cooking too- no pots/pans.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#12 MountainSufi

MountainSufi

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:59 PM

I've found the eco dishwashing liquids (various brands) work at low temp water quite well.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming
2012 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Long Bed
2017 Fleet FWC, Side Dinette (Purchased from Rocky Mt. FWC)

"We're all in this together"--The Red Green Show

#13 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:57 AM

I bought a set of Teflon pots/pans just for the camper, when done cooking I wipe them out with damp paper towels. They end up clean as a whistle but I don't know about dissinfected:o

I got this from the CheapRVLiving site. Two spray bottles, one with water and one with cheap vodka. Spray and wipe with water then spray and wipe with vodka. The vodka will disinfect the cooking stuff. Vodka is good for disinfecting your tooth brush and other personal items. I've heard of people who have used vodka to disinfect ice cubes and tonic to make them safe to drink.  :D 

Mike

#14 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:15 AM

Now this is why I bring a dog along. They come out spotless.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#15 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:16 AM

I always keep a 3gal bucket in the Hawk - heat up some hot water, and wash with a small scrub brush. The bucket is handy for picking up water and carrying back to the rig. To minimize cleanup I usually prepare food at home that just requires heating up -  like chili, soup, spaghetti sauce, breakfast burritos, banana bread, etc. When I do cook breakfast I use an inexpensive $20 Walmart non stick pan. Usually cleans up with a quick wipe with a paper towel. Once the pan starts to loose its non-stickiness I just buy another one.

The dog idea has a lot of merit !!

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#16 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:47 AM

Now this is why I bring a dog along. They come out spotless.

You need to move that to the "I need to hear a joke" section! (: Our vet had us stop taking our dog, because he was gaining too much weight.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#17 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:09 PM

I really enjoy having my sink. Even if I don't fire up the water heater its only a few moments to heat up some water on the stove. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#18 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

So use paper plates and cups, cook in  caste iron frying pans and feed the dog some properly sampled vodka and throw in some cranberry juice to make everything nice and healthy! Problem solved :P !

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#19 Edgewood

Edgewood

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationBellingham WA

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:49 AM

I really enjoy having my sink. Even if I don't fire up the water heater its only a few moments to heat up some water on the stove. 

Never used my sink. Took it out and wash dishes with water and a paper towel. I don't cook elaborate meals, most are done on a cast iron fry pan. Paper towels are key to my camper.

#20 PackRat

PackRat

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNovato, CA

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:59 PM

Our Alaskan has no grey water tank. We keep a small Rubbermaid dishpan in it for doing the dishes because the factory aluminum cools down the hot water too fast. No matter what we are making for breakfast, the coffee pot goes on first and by the time its ready, the camper is warmed up. Another large pot is used to heat dishwater for cleaning and for personal hygiene. What isn't used stays in the pot for the next time we need to heat water.

1988 Ford F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 8 Ft. bed

1976 Alaskan 8 Ft. CO camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users