46 replies to this topic

#11 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

I finally got around to taking a photo of the step stoll I got with my camper from FWC when I ordered my Raven:

Yeah, from what I've seen people using, this seems to be the other popular choice, after the EZ-Fold.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#12 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, from what I've seen people using, this seems to be the other popular choice, after the EZ-Fold.

Looking at photos of the EZ Fold looks like you need both hands to set it up. On mine you just grab the edge of the top step and one shake it's deployed. Allthouhg, the EZ might have a smaller storage footprint. I just store mine on the floor ahead of the refer.

#13 Bajaxplorer

Bajaxplorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Bought my two step EZ Fold at Camping World.

I'm lost, but I'm making good time. Beer is good food. Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. Beer is the reason I get up every afternoon. Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy. Beer is water that has reached it's full potential.

#14 4llamas

4llamas

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSW Willamette Valley, Oregon

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

We also use the Rubbermaid folding steps, or something very similar. Bought it at WallyWorld right after picking up the camper in Feb. 09. The steps were slippery when wet so I stuck on some adhesive backed safety strips. It's basically 40 grit sandpaper.

#15 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Mine is starting to develop a crack in it.

I had the same one and it cracked too. Just replaced it with the Rubbermaid.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#16 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

We've been using this. It worked great all over Baja and is very stable. If you call Northern tool tell them you saw one of their ads and it was on sale for $19.95.

http://www.northernt...19263_200419263

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#17 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

We also use the Rubbermaid folding steps, or something very similar. Bought it at WallyWorld right after picking up the camper in Feb. 09. The steps were slippery when wet so I stuck on some adhesive backed safety strips. It's basically 40 grit sandpaper.

Mine has little bumps molded in so it's not slippery

#18 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I wasn't seeing a good solution for us that I could easily lay my hands on, so I built a step that plugs into the receiver hitch socket. It's probably one of those 'short term' fixes that will be around for the next 20 years, but at least my wife can now easily get into the camper. By pure luck later that day I stumbled onto some rubber "diamond plate" with an adhesive backing at Harbor Freight. I was expecting to need to build some sort of anti-wobble device for it, but it's remarkably stable as-is.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thom

Where does that road go?

#19 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Nice, ntsqd! Very clean and minimalist design. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#20 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Thanks!
It does suffer from only being useful in that one spot, where a step-stool could be used elsewhere. The year delayed honeymoon, now 1.5 weeks away, will no doubt show if something else is needed or not.
Thom

Where does that road go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users