787 replies to this topic

#41 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

And, now back to our regular programming...

Just followed (shoot can't remember his name now) into the Calle Real Market Place in Goleta. He had a less than one year old (very clean exterior and interior), ATC Ocelot shell with a custom driver's side seat/fold into a bed, mounted on a Tacoma.

I told him about WTW, he told his wife in the passenger seat about WTW, and maybe they will make it over here and introduce himself... so I can remember his name for the next time we meet.

- - - - - - - - -

Also, saw the "Aliner" folding truck camper guy again when I was leaving.

He was going a different direction from where I needed to go, so I resisted chasing after him.

#42 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Ooh a paranoia thread. I'm in. I keep the gps in my phone disabled (but is it? how would I really know?). I use do not track software. I even peruse http://zapatopi.net/afdb/ for updates. Sadly, I do realize I'm just not important enough for anyone to really bother tracking me :angry:

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#43 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Did my annual birthday ride yesterday, up and over Tioga Pass and back Sonora Pass on my BMW K1600GT. Saw four 4W Campers on the ride most I have ever seen. Saw two going over Tioga Pass in Yosemite and two more heading south on 395 headed south between Lee Vining and Bridgeport. Got a pictures of one of the campers in Yosemite as I rode by. I did see a camper I had never see except in pictures just before I got home, Earth Roamer headed north on I-5 in Stockton damn that thing is BIG.

Anyone see an old fart on a bike with a yellow jacket wave at them?
Bills birthday ride

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7822 sm.jpg

#44 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Last night about 7:15pm, heading north on NE 3rd Street in Bend, Oregon:
an ALASKAN camper, cabover style (sorry, I'm not familiar with the names of Alaskan models) on a white F350 crew cab, Oregon plates.

I think Alaskan rigs are an even rarer sight than FWC/ATCs...in Bend, Oregon, anyway.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#45 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

:lol:

Hey today Saturday (22 Sept , starting up a grade about 15 miles east of Silver Lake Or a 4wc heading west on Or 31 ( toward me) didn't see any details; saw two other Pop up brands (Siver tops) near Bend and Peasley , but I don't think they count do they?:lol:Had some neat adventures -got as far North as Chillicut Pass Wa, and spent the last three days in a nice out of the way FS CG called East side Res CG about 14 miles south of Silver Lake. First place out of the smoke since I left Susanville 10 days ago. Got some pictures and will try to post later.

Smoke
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#46 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hey today Saturday (22 Sept , starting up a grade about 15 miles east of Silver Lake Or a 4wc heading west on Or 31 ( toward me) didn't see any details; saw two other Pop up brands (Siver tops) near Bend and Peasley , but I don't think they count do they?:lol:Had some neat adventures -got as far North as Chillicut Pass Wa, and spent the last three days in a nice out of the way FS CG called East side Res CG about 14 miles south of Silver Lake. First place out of the smoke since I left Susanville 10 days ago. Got some pictures and will try to post later.

Smoke

Smoke, If I'd known you were passing through Bend I'd have kept an eye out for you -- to make your rig the subject of a sightings post! Posted Image
....just as I hope that my rig can someday be the subject of a WTW Sightings Thread post. Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#47 firemen7

firemen7

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationEscondido, CA

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

Met a 4WC (looked like a Grandby on a GM) on Hwy 108 just outside Oakdale around 10:00 AM, Tuesday on my way up to the Highland Lakes region. On the way home on Friday I met a Tundra with a Hawk near Ebbetts Pass. Had a great week in the Sierras.

2009 Single cab Silverado Z71 & 2005 Hawk
2018 Crew cab Silverado 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

2020 RAM 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

#48 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Smoke, If I'd known you were passing through Bend I'd have kept an eye out for you -- to make your rig the subject of a sightings post! :D
....just as I hope that my rig can someday be the subject of a WTW Sightings Thread post. Posted Image

Mark-I had not planned to be near Bend, started for the coast from Kenniwick, Wa -was so damn much Smoke turned off at the Dalles, next thing I knew I was on 31 heading for Lakeview-like I said, found a nice FSCG to rest in for three days. Sure did allot of work on 97 and it sure was allot faster than the last time i was on it thru the Bend area. I don't know if it's just because I own one, but I see FWC (or the other fake ones) EVERWHERE it seems now-even ran into one in a MacD's parking lot in Susanville. Mine is the easy sighting because of that very handsome black/white border collie sitting in the front seat or with his head always sticking out the window!:D

Smoke:lol:
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#49 GBW

GBW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

From your northern breatheren. Wednesday Sept 22, around 7pm heading west bound on HWY 1 in the centre of Calgary was a beauty of a newer 4door Tacoma and an Eagle. I always feel goofy because I wave at every FWC I spot and then I realize that I usually don't have my camper on and I'm just some random guy waving at campers.

Up here the spottings are few and far between. I know there are a couple in town but very few.

GBW

2003 Dodge 2500 CCSB CTD auto

2001 FWC Hawk

#50 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Mine is the easy sighting because of that very handsome black/white border collie sitting in the front seat or with his head always sticking out the window!:D

Smoke:lol:

Hey Smoke,

We just got a border mix, of the black & white persuasion. We'll have to get the doggies together sometime!

Andy & Susan
and recent addition, Callie

Posted Image

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users