• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#11 Ramblinman

Ramblinman

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Ski, I have been frequenting this Forum A LOT for almost one year (at least that what my girl friend tells me and she thinks its too much .. what does she know) You continue to contribute even during what has to be a very serious time in your life. This certainly speaks to your character. Thank you for this post and all the others. It sounds as though their will be many more to come! My thoughts are with you.

#12 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Healing vibes.

wear yer sunscreen out there, kids.

thanks for sharing such personal news. Everyone here should contact their dermatologist and go in for a
"full body search".:lol:

mtn
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Healing vibes.

<snip> Everyone here should contact their dermatologist and go in for a
"full body search".:lol:

mtn

Change occurs slowly. Get out your digital cameras and take pictures and use them for baselines. Be assertive with your medical care folks. My primary care doctor thought this was nothing, but I have a great relationship with him and we went ahead with the original biopsy to "be on the safe side."

The same holds true with other cancers such as breast. Just learn to pay attention. Be on the safe side.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#14 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Sunscreen is a great idea, even better now that they have the sprays that you can reach your back with a little contortion. Much better than the creams if you have to apply solo. They work great, i missed a spot. Looked pretty funny for a couple weeks <_<

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#15 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

All of you are showing, once again, the character and class possessed by the people who hang out at Wander the West. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and well wishes.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#16 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

Ski, Good of you to share with us. I am confident we will be camping together well into our old age. :D

You bet Ted! You will have a starring role in many more trip reports to come.

#17 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Was it a total visual thing or did you feel something too?

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#18 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Was it a total visual thing or did you feel something too?

started to itch.

#19 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

I second the suggestion of a whole body check. I had a melanoma removed from the bottom of my foot a couple of years ago. Sun exposure is not always the cause.
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#20 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Update time. I am a success story. I had surgery yesterday and had lymph nodes removed from both armpits after a radiological procedure to pinpoint where to look. Pathology report showed no cancer. The removed nodes will be more thoroughly checked over the next few days as a double check. The doc's report is that I am 97% out of the woods. Yes!!!

As a couple have said here, melanoma can show up unrelated to sun exposure. This was my case. I am part of a group where my moles are prone to change into melanoma. I must be diligent and I will be. If you catch it early, you can have success. Please do.

I'm a bit sore, all this was a surprise and a pain in the butt, but so what? I like being alive and happy and plan on doing so for a long time to come.

Get checked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users