1 reply to this topic

#1 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

From Oregon Natural Desert Association (ONDA -- of which I am a member) Executive Director, Brent Fenty:

>> The Desert Conference is an amazing opportunity for folks to educate and inspire one another, learn about current issues and collaborate on critical desert conservation and restoration. We have limited space, so register soon!

The conference will take place in Bend this year; the Wild & Scenic Film Festival will kick off the Conference on the evening of September 20th and panels will run September 21st – 22nd.
This year’s conference features Keynote speaker and Distinguished Professor of Philosophy Kathleen Dean Moore, guest speaker and honored poet Ursula K. Le Guin, music by local bluegrass band Truck Stop Gravy, plus other great panelists covering a variety of desert issues (e.g. Sage-grouse management and conservation, beaver recovery and stream restoration, public lands stewardship, renewable energy and habitat conservation, and much more).

For more information and to register, go to www.onda.org/desertconference. Take a look at the agenda and REGISTER SOON for the sessions, field trips and speakers that appeal to you. I hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you there. If you have any questions, please contact Katya Spiecker at katya@onda.org or 541-330-2638. <<

Attached File  desert_conference_poster_web_2012.jpg   331.98K   12 downloads

(BTW: Poster photo by a WTW member, but not me... Area photographed may have been burned in Holloway Fire... Posted Image)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#2 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Poster photo by yours truly, and yes this entire view burned. Hopefully relatively fast moving and not too hot in these lovely low sage plateau areas.

Thanks for posting the Desert Conference PR.

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users