Photo
- - - - -

Where to find a used service/utility bed for F250?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DROdio

DROdio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

I have an '03 F250 diesel ( http://go.danielodio.com/tonka ) and I'm hoping to put a service or utility bed on it before I get a camper.

Does anyone know of a place I could buy a used service bed? Just looking for something that would have storage.

#2 bigun

bigun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

I have an '03 F250 diesel ( http://go.danielodio.com/tonka ) and I'm hoping to put a service or utility bed on it before I get a camper.

Does anyone know of a place I could buy a used service bed? Just looking for something that would have storage.

They show up on Craigs List once in a while. You can also check in with places that sell them, they sometimes have used ones.

#3 jcfly

jcfly

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

A place that sells truck bodies might be an option.
Jim 2009 Chevy 2500 HD / 2004 FWC Hawk

#4 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

i see them often at junk yards.might have to buy the whole truck, but they may cut it off for you.sometimes they are already separated.

wes

#5 CaptDan

CaptDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLeClaire, Iowa

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Lots of ways to get one. Auctions and some sittings at a business because truck no longer runs. You don't say where your at. Can't tell from the picture if your truck is a full size or not. Finding a utility box for a short bed will be tough. Another problem is finding them short in height. Trucks today might not be legal for putting a utility box on from a dealer. Unless truck frame was designed for it they don't want liability. They are also heavy.

Might be better to get a flatbed and put some boxes on/under it.

That said I love my utility box "pickup" camper. Dan

#6 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

You know you'll need to get a custom built camper to fit a service box right? If you hadn't considered that a flatbed with boxes build to fit the gaps might be a more universal approach.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#7 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Pods8 is right.

Depending on what kind of used camper you are looking for, you might want to reconsider.

If you are planning on getting a used four wheel camper or atc, then the utility bed will almost always have to be custom build around the camper.

I'm not sure about the camper base on an Alaskan camper, and other brands?

Just make sure to do home homework, research, and taks lots of measurements before making the plunge.

It would stink to go have a used utility bed installed, only to find out you can't put a camper on it.

Most utility beds are approx. 49" wide, straight up, until you get to the top.

Attached is the look of a "custom" built utility bed with a double step design to fit the Four Wheel Pop-up Campers.

The Ford F-350 might still be available too, but my guess the truck sold fast!

This guy was selling the truck for $ 12,000.00.

Seems like the good deal, considering he just put $12,000 into the truck for a brand new engine and rear end.

:)

Attached Thumbnails

• Ultility Bed Sketches (Hawk).jpg
  • Utility Bed Truck with Camper.jpg
  • utility F-350 1.jpg

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users