11 replies to this topic

#11 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:40 AM

I understand way back it was quite an easy road. Had to be for the horses to use. A few fourwheelers bought some land up top to use as leverage in getting the road reopened (if it was road once it can be a road again ) but I have no idea if they've given up the fight or not. Hard to fight BLM.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#12 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

I was going over some old pix and I thought I'd throw one in that was taken on Presidents Day weekend
'06. This is coming out of the valley on Saline Valley Rd. The snow was much heavier higher up. The mountain was angry that day my friends. What a difference a year makes. I made a half dozen trips up and down towing out people in VW campers and assorted other vehicles that didn't have chains or 4WD. Some of these guys were sliding dangerously close to the edge. Its not the first time either my self or friends have dragged people out of there. It amazes me how unprepared people are and what chances they're willing to take with their lives and the lives of their families. The T-100 did well that day.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_9960.JPG

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users