31 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

We had planned a bit of a remodel to our camper this fall. The main item I wanted to change was moving our truckfridge so it was cross ways against the back wall under the window. This was requiring a rebuild of our main cabinet. Well, since the interior would be removed I could put in a bigger water tank, That would require the propane box to be moved. That would require the aluminum framing on that side of the camper to be redone................ As my buddy Barking Spider likes to say, "Every project can grow arms and legs."

We have decided to have ATC build us a new shell and I will build the interior very similar to our current camper. It will be actually a little less work for me as it eliminates taking apart our current camper.

Cost wise, if we can get some money from selling our current camper - that has taken us to incredible places and could serve us well for many years into the future - the difference in cost will be manageable and worth it.

As Marty at ATC says, "It's on the board!" Our order is heading down the build process. We are excited as can be! We know we will suffer with a bad case of seller's remorse if/when our current camper finds a new home. It has been a treasured member of our family.

I will document the build of our new camper. This will be fun!

I do want to thank the guys at ATC for their patience with our questions and willingness to make minor changes to accommodate placement of our interior pieces. As has been said many times, these guys are great to work with..

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm still in the dreamer stage about gutting the cabinets in our Hawk.

This is really big news!
Looking forward to following the build.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Wow!,Ski.That's a big move but one that is sure to be the best in the long run.

If you have to go through all the take-apart of the old one and one project leads to another,the best is to start new.

Good luck with the project.Will be awaiting pictures.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Big news indeed! I noticed you were asking another member some questions about his new camper recently but had no idea. Wow, this will be fun to watch.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Big news indeed! I noticed you were asking another member some questions about his new camper recently but had no idea. Wow, this will be fun to watch.

Ted, want to spend a day up here and smell some sawdust? :) Maybe some stuff on the grill after ;)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Woo-hoo! Should be fun!

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#7 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Great news Ski can't wait to see the progress.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#8 ACEBLACKDOG

ACEBLACKDOG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSOUTH LAKE TAHOE

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

BRAVO !!!

HOPE YOU GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN THE NEW ONE ...

#9 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

We recently ordered an Ocelot from ATC with some options and will build the cabinet.  Since at this point I don't have a good winter workspace (room enough and heated) we compromised by having ATC do more of the piece work - which they are super accommodating with.  Three weeks to pickup - will look forward to your setup.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#10 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

Sounds fun! Looking forward to seeing the new camper. Hope we get to see progress photos. :)

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users