Bill do you have a video on youtube?

#22 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Bill do you have a video on youtube?

Not yet of this build, I will do one when I get done.

#23 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

There is a guy named Bill that has a FWC build on youtube.

#24 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

There is a guy named Bill that has a FWC build on youtube.

Please put the link up. I looked and did not find it.

Did find this one home made but unique. Fold out side bed! and a one piece stove and sink. 

#25 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

Here is the video of Biil Harr.

#26 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

Here is the video of Biil Harr.

This is my old hawk. I used this video on my CraigsList ad.  I left it up so I could look to see how the old one was set up.  My new build will be almost the same. Except more room in the cabinet, because the propane  and water tank will be in the new locations and not under the cabinet. 

#27 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

I thought it was too much of a coincidence for two Bill Harr's to both have FWC's.

I am looking forward to seeing what you do. 

#28 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

Got my solar in a bag yesterday, last thing I needed for the build. Got a tracking number for the Waeco Refrigerator and it is shipping to Lexington MI!  I called and said I got the wrong shipping number and was told no that is where it is going :blink: I said I live in Stockton CA. Quite on the other end of the phone, I hear a Oh **** in the back ground. I was told they had to straighten the shipping out and would give me a call back :angry:   Good news is Brenda at FWC said my counters and parts are ready. Trip to the factory tomorrow.

Bill

#29 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

Picked up everything at FWC, the fridge got here today and I went to Lowes and got a sheet of 1/2 birch plywood. Now if it was just not so cold. I don't have that big heated shop.  So I have been doing the small odd jobs. Made a transition sheet  to fill the hole left where the heater vent was. It will not be where the 110v outside plug will be. Now I need to paint is so it matches the siding. Going to have a solar plug on each side of the camper for the folding solar to plug into. Everything takes longer than it should, FWC really put there stuff together. Need to move the right side panel where the stove was, on the cabinet that will now holds the fridge. Only need to move 1" to match the counter top, but will need to pull the bottom cabinet apart to get to two screws. This is going to be my winter project so the wife says don't hurry. 

Bill

#30 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

Slow weekend, moved batteries and started routing wires. Painted the plate for the 110v plug got ready to install and read the instructions on the caulking "do not apply below 40 degrees".  It was below that and dropping today so that project moved to the back burner. Wife did not like the grain on the birch plywood, too many small knots so back it went, spent one day driving around looking for wood.   Hope to get the counter top mounted tomorrow and then decide what we want for drawers and doors.  

Modifying a shell to a Hawk with water, fridge and stove is not a quick project. I will have to frame the heater vent from the inside to have a solid mount also the fresh water fill. Just would not sleep well screwing then into the siding with out some more metal behind them. I did get the inside siding pulled back enough to see and mark where the framing is. Need to be sure the supports for the counter are screwed into the frame and where I frame the heater vent and water fill. Will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users