K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

And the latest video on facebook...

https://www.facebook...626652710750980

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#12 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

It is not his land, it is Public Land! Well, we just had a protest here in front of the BLM office by the Tea Party in support of the rancher, yep something about Mom's protecting their access to public lands. He broke the law, then for the last 20 years used the law to fight in court  against his loosing his grazing privileges-not rights, they  are owned by the government and Clark Country Nevada, not him. Counter suits by the government to get him off-which they won, more suits, and lesser political will led to this mess.  Now the environmentalists started a suit to get if him off again, and BLM/Clark Country/NPS tried to do their job-a bit late-politics in this case made things allot worse! 

When we trespassed someone in the old days, we did not rope off a section by the corrals for the protesters to yell from, we did it fast, but again, this thing has gone on for 20 years, and today anything the government does is wrong according to certain groups like the  Tea Party and these militant  right wing anti government groups.  And the BLM backed off to save people from getting killed-did you see that picture with the guy and the sniper rifle aiming at the BLM.Today all you need is a face book picture and it looks like the whole world is on your side-sometimes maybe that's good,  not in this case, all of us who use the Public Land  loose, including all those ranchers and others who do pay to use those land  and follow the laws, when things like this happen!. 

Bah Humbug!  Sorry guys I just got upset, I'm tired of seeing those talking heads on TV talking about something they know nothing about and expounding on the poor rancher-or all  the other way-liberty etc., -don't even understand the problem-just makes good TV-the facts don't count!

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 16 April 2014 - 01:23 AM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#13 Captm

Captm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

X2 Smoke...Those "folks' are lucky here in Los Angeles the one who kicked the dog would have been shot for assaulting a police officer and all the dogs would have been released on the idiots. Sunday we stopped in Mesquite for gas on our way home from our AZ Strip /Toroweap/ Utah trip unaware of the goings on. My thoughts when filling up our tank was that the town is full of of low life trash so my apologies go out to the fine people of Mesquite as it was just the wackos who came in from out of town to cause trouble. One of the wackos pulled up in a not so new pick up that was covered in signs ( the usual anti government slogans, racist attacks and conspiracy theories) got out and put up a sign on the Nike store calling on all to rally up in support of the Bundy's to face down the BLM. A local LEO pulled up while I was reading the sign and we chatted a while and it seams that Bundy has been a pain in their back side for quite a while.
Cheers

Edited by Captm, 16 April 2014 - 05:01 AM.

2005 Tacoma Dbl cab LB 4x4

2014 Fleet shell

#14 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

It should concern very one how stupid the average person has become. I scares the **** out of me that 1/2 the the population is stupider than the average person. That bottom half showed up to support Bundy. 

#15 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Brought to you by same people who don't know where the Ukraine is but still want to bomb it, but hey, I can't spell either! Stupid is stupid does!

Smoke

#16 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

While I understand the reasoning of not wanting this to escalate is why the BLM backed down, I am concerned about the long term effect of doing so. Mr. Bundy has fought this battle for 20 years and in several courts and lost. Yet he will now continue to graze his cattle on Federal land and there are apparently no repercussions. The BLM currently manages 18, 000 grazing permits whose ranchers do pay the fees. Based on what has happened at Gold Butte, I can't imagine why any one of them would continue to pay.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#17 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

While I understand the reasoning of not wanting this to escalate is why the BLM backed down...

Yeah they're probably afraid of a worst-case outcome, like "Ruby Ridge" or "Waco"...even though they were just doing what they had to do to rein in criminals or crazies or both.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#18 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Me thinks one of the political masters  made the final call and despite everything, there are allot of unhappy and embarrassed  BLM,  Clark Country  and other law biding    folks right now- unhappy and embarrassed for not being allowed to do the jobs they were hired for--I know I am-and I'm retired!

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#19 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

While I understand the reasoning of not wanting this to escalate is why the BLM backed down, I am concerned about the long term effect of doing so. Mr. Bundy has fought this battle for 20 years and in several courts and lost. Yet he will now continue to graze his cattle on Federal land and there are apparently no repercussions. The BLM currently manages 18, 000 grazing permits whose ranchers do pay the fees. Based on what has happened at Gold Butte, I can't imagine why any one of them would continue to pay.

I have no concerns at all that the law abiding grazing permit holder will take this as an indication that anything goes. I also believe the BLM did the right thing in defusing a situation that could have easily escalated to bullets flying. As much as we would want a decisive finish with the bad guy getting his due, the real world is not like that. This will be resolved and Mr. Bundy will face his day in court. Give it time.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#20 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:41 AM

I wonder why local law enforcement left the wackos alone? That guy on the overpass? Think his rifle was unloaded?

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users