197 replies to this topic

#161 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

Manfred, that is great! Good luck with the new business! Can you share any details?

Steve

I am haunted by waters

#162 Manfred65

Manfred65

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Locationnear Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:48 PM

Steve, what are you interested in ?

2000 Ford F-250 SuperDuty SC LB 7.3 Lariat
1992 Jayco Sportster 8ft Popup

http://www.wanderthe...8ft-renovation/

BundutecUSA, TravelLite and Palomino TruckCamper Sales in Germany and Europe

#163 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:45 AM

Just to know more about what type and brand of truck campers you will be representing. Right now, I am at my limit of toys.

I am haunted by waters

#164 Manfred65

Manfred65

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:30 AM

Steve,

we actully sell TravelLite Campers and Palomino Popup. 

Why? 

We need Campers to fit European and Japanese PickupTrucks. These are 95% mid-size Trucks. Most of the Fullsizetrucks like Ford, RAM and Chevy are used in Germany only for show..... driving up and down the road in front of well frequented Ice-Cream-Bars.

There are not much brands offering this at price we can make profit after all import expenses.

FWC and CapriCampers are exclusively sold by another company.

TravelLite provides us the Hardwall-Campers to fit midsize Trucks and  1/2ton trucks. In Germany most mid-size and 1/2 can be raised in GVWR to 3.5 tons / 7716 lbs with Airbags or Roadmaster Systems. Only problem on some Trucks is the weight on the rear axle. Like on the RAM 1500.

Palomino offers us the one Popup SS-500 to fit a mid-size on a reasonable price. 

The SS-550 and some of the TravelLite SuperLite Series built for 1/2 ton  will fit the German Volkswagen Amarok and the new Mercedes-Benz X-Class too. The X-Class is based on the new generation Nissan Frontier (Navara in Europe) but has more room between wheel wells. (48")

My main concern is that i need campers that fit in a 40´HC-Container for shipping:

These are the TravelLite SuperLite and the TravelLite Air and Rayzr + all  Palomino Popup Campers. The all new Palomino Hardside HS-750 that hopefully will be released in the very near future will fit too.

I have two customers waiting for this new camper. It does not have the bulky look of the HS-650 which is only a "blown-up SS-500 in my opinion.

All bigger campers  need other shipping solutions: I can´t afford it always buying a vintage Truck (30yrs+ can be imported without custom tax here) to ship such a wide camper RoRo. :wacko:   

If anyone in this Forum can offer a reasonable solution for this i will appreciate his E-Mail.

I am also interested in Rory Willets Bundutec Campers or the Outfitter Caribou Lite and i still have good contact to Alaskancampers but all these brands will end up with high sales prices in Europe (price + shipping + custom tax + vat + needed changes for use in Europe.)

I think i have to contact these manufacturers to have the possibility to fullfill a single custom order if needed.

If you are still looking for a new toy i may have one in the near future:

http://sbsadventurec...ory-price-list/

These campers are built in Slovenija in the European Union and we consider to import them or to manufacture them in license in the US. Actually they are working on prototypes and i will see the first one around April 14./15. After checking it out we will decide if we will sell them in Germany and may be overseas. 

For our actual work please have a look at our website. Scrolling down you can find a button to switch between the preferred languages.

https://pickupcamper-schwaben.de

Regards

Manfred

#165 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Manfred thanks! That Django looks nice, but for now my ATC Bobcat is doing a good job.

I think it’s great that you’re turning your Interest into a thriving business! Best of luck!

I am haunted by waters

#166 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Manfred the Django in interesting. "Solid sided elevating roof with push button operation."  Need to see how that will work.  

I will be in Basel CH just after the July show, Visiting daughter all of August this year. 

#167 Manfred65

Manfred65

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

Hi Bill,

you know that you are welcome to contact and to visit us at any time!

We will take tons of pictures of the prototype in April (scheduled is April15.) , checking out how it is made and what quality they deliver. We have to find out what to do and discuss with Gary from sbsadventure how to sell it in the USA.

I wonder how they will seal these folding walls. If we are going to sell the Django we plan to have one on display on the show in July and after this at our "homebase".

#168 Manfred65

Manfred65

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

Two new things on the small business that doesn´t grow as fast as expected. After missing some appointments i have never heard about the Django. There is still a website but that was it.... No call back...nothing.

So we decided to go with Rory Willett and BundutecUSA to have a more custom option. Not Fiberglass but the possibility to get what a customer wants. Palominos are now Aluminium framed, this can give us a push forward....

#169 Manfred65

Manfred65

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

Bad news on the Jayco....OK, not real news. The damaged roof leaked all the time ....only a few drops and it was no problem because we have not covered it inside to find the leaking spot one day. All the sealing wasn´t successful. I think there are some pinholes in the old aluminium sheeting we can´t find. Other reason is that we had no chance to get the roof back in the proper shape that the water might be able to run off the roof. 

The camper still work for short trips but we are planning to do a rebuild or to work with Rory to have a new roof built and shipped with our campers one day.

We hope ya All coming good through the wintertime!

#170 corybrown50

corybrown50

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 182 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Manfred....this is an amazing write up. You and your "hobby carpenter" have truly inspired me. We were just gifted a 92 Jayco Sportster 8.5 in rather rough shape....after seeing your transformation I am enthusiastic about digging in and camping with it this year with my wife and Kinder......step 1 for me will be getting it dry inside, then a rebuild of the side support for the over cab portion. I'm planning almost a complete gut and trying to put a queen mattress in the cab over portion to stick out towards the rear door with cabinets for storage under and bunks for the kids instead of the "dinette" area.

Your images of the progress not only give me a WUNDERBAR reference point, but also take much of the scariness away from the process of stripping away the aluminum siding. It is just stick construction inside....I will also be putting the camper on a similar F150, so having that reference as well is great. 

Danke, Danke, Danke!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users