4 replies to this topic

#1 RoadHermit

RoadHermit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

I'm planning a trip starting in September and may be as long as into November. I was thinking of starting at the Tetons then heading north and west into Idaho then perhaps Washington then south from there depending on weather. I assume cool to mild days and chilly to cold nights will be the norm. Should I be expecting more severe conditions?

Greg

2013 GMC

2010 AKC

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

Did Yellowstone mid October on our trip around the good old USA. Temps in the 20's with snow. Note some areas will close with weather. 

Bill

#3 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:36 AM

I was up in that area a few years ago in late September (raining in Yellowstone).  It was also getting cold so I decided we should head south.  The fun road up in the Rockies down in Colorado was already closed.  When we got to Durango it was snowing. 

Just be prepared and have fun.

DP

ATC Bobcat, 2001 Tacoma 4X4, Supersprings, Bilsteins, Hewig Stabalizer

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

We have spent many trips at Yellowstone Sept into Oct. Weather can be nice or some rain/snow showers. Temps will be cool to cold some nights into the 30s.

One thing to look at is when the campgrounds start to close. There are usually still several open into the middle of Oct.

We notice that a lot of the NF sites close by date not weather. Sad as we have some of the best weather for being out in the fall.

Enjoy your trip.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 N'kwala

N'kwala

Geezelle

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationwest coast

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Camped in Southern British Columbia and the Rockies mid-September of last year.  It rained A LOT!  I'd guess that northern Washington and Idaho would have been similar.

No wind so ill as blows nobody any good.  I was tent camping and my soggy experience inspired me to buy my ATC camper.

Edited by N'kwala, 23 June 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weather, rockies, continental divide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users