• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bike4mee

bike4mee

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDurango Colorado

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

a buddy who has a 4wc has this cool lifting device. anybody know what it is. There is no brand names on his

Attached Thumbnails

• resize2.jpg

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

Here's a thread that should answer your questions...

http://www.wanderthe...up-jack-i-need/

I am haunted by waters

#3 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:14 AM

If you want a good speaker stand for raising the roof, that one works great.  I use it almost all the time now since it makes it so easy to lift the top.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#4 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Here is the place to buy it http://www.guitarcen...418-i1170318.gc

I have one and it works great.  just remove the tripod by drilling out the rivets.  Save the tripod rubber feet to stick on the ends.  I also remove the crank and use a small power drill

#5 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

I'm sure that thing works great but I would really consider getting the roof lift shocks. I absolutely love mine and it cost me less than $100 when all was said and done to do both front and back. My wife can now lift the top with the rack and solar without an issue.

Chris
2014 Dodge 2500 4x4, Cummins TD2021 FWC Hawk<p>

#6 geewiz

geewiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWestern Oregon

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hi all!

Brand new here.

I have the lift struts on my Fleet and as soon as I added the Yak tracks I could not lift the roof!  I am not a super strong girl but am pretty able.  If I were just a couple of inches taller I would have the leg extension/power to "pop" the rear panel.  It was a shock not to be able to do that especially since the canoe and carrier are not yet on!  Once the rear is up the front is a snap for me.  I was wondering if I could install a larger strut?  The speaker stand is good but another thing to carry...or I could dig out my platform shoes from the 80's for added height :)

#7 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hi all!

Brand new here.

I have the lift struts on my Fleet and as soon as I added the Yak tracks I could not lift the roof!  I am not a super strong girl but am pretty able.  If I were just a couple of inches taller I would have the leg extension/power to "pop" the rear panel.  It was a shock not to be able to do that especially since the canoe and carrier are not yet on!  Once the rear is up the front is a snap for me.  I was wondering if I could install a larger strut?  The speaker stand is good but another thing to carry...or I could dig out my platform shoes from the 80's for added height :)

Welcome to the group. If you need extra height to lift the rear,try to stand on the seat. Do you have a roll over or a dinette?

Standing on the seat could give the extra height you need to get your shoulder into it.

Higher pound struts would work as long as they were the same length.That way you don't have to change the mounting brackets.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#8 JHa6av8r

JHa6av8r

• Validating
  • 510 posts
  • Location.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM

Hi all!
Brand new here.

I have 4 Yakima bars, Basketcase, & solar panel on my Grandby roof and changed the two 80# struts to two 100# struts. I also have a crank to use when the roof is loaded with kayak and other things.

#9 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

The Speaker stand cost $84. Here's a video I did 2 days ago and I've had this for over 2 1/2 years

#10 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

Here's where I bought the clips:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sales Order
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Duckworks - PO Box 10 - Harper, TX 78631
Fax: 8308644197

http://www.duckworks...sc/sd491341-53/

ORDERED ITEMS:
SD-491353 - 1-1/2 inch Rubber Pole Storage Clips
Qty: 2 at $1.89 ................................................ $3.78

CHARGES:
Total: $3.78
Choose Correct Region for Shipping/Handling: USA $5.50
Sales Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: ................................................... $9.28

MISC:
Shipping: Primarily USPS priority mail--if mail is NOT delivered to your street address, PLEASE give us a PO box in the comment box. Some large items-UPS (small no rush order--ask about 1st class)

We appreciate your business. If you have any questions or want to make changes, please reply to this email: duckbbs@gmail.com

Edited by BobM, 28 October 2014 - 11:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users