• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

i just had these made by my local decal shop. they were 56 bucks for 4 decals. they are 3"x10"(same size as the plastic emblem). i have two emblems that i need to repaint, but i've always wanted something for the truck so i can be alaskan proud without the camper on. i confess that i wanted the same colors as the emblem, but the artwork would have been a 75 dollar one time extra charge. i couldn't justify that to the wife. maybe sometime when she's not looking, i'll go for it. until then, i think these are great.  the shop will keep the design on file in case i need a replacement.

wes

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG

#2 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Cool

#3 jrfromafar

jrfromafar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

They look nice,

"maybe sometime when she's not looking"

I have always found out forgiveness works better than permission !!

#4 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

They look nice,

"maybe sometime when she's not looking"

I have always found out forgiveness works better than permission !!

forgiveness may take a few days...and a dinner out

Those decals are nice Wes...maybe if we consolidate our forces...we could convince Brian to...."subsidize the effort" for a full color....great advertising for Alaskan....not to speak of the "pride of ownership" marketing side....

Don, are you watching?

Edited by Rusty, 25 July 2014 - 09:34 PM.

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#5 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

i had asked brian if they had something years ago, but he didn't have anything.  i would much rather get things done through his company. this decal guy was great and local,but i can't justify that much money for a sticker. i had contacted a guy on the internet that specializes in vintage rv decals. his price was about the same, although at my last contact, he offered 45 dollars for the artwork.i had scanned a plastic emblem and sent him pics of what it should look like. he said he thought he could hit it right on. i'd also like to look into a patch for a hat or jacket(like the tractor club i used to be in). i love my few old toys(camper, tractors,wood working machines)and i am proud to be using stuff that was built to last,died, and was reborn.

wes

#6 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:44 AM

We think alike Wes....the only thing is

I'm closer :P  to ............In and Out.........

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#7 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

oh man!  that hurts.

wes

#8 thisoldcamper

thisoldcamper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationIrmo, SC

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

I'm reposting about the decals - I pulled my first post because I thought that it might have been premature to post about them without actually having any... but I got some now.  I took caseboy's idea of having some Alaskan decals made - and here's the finished product next to my repainted emblems:

gallery_5608_781_15038.jpg

I ordered 10 total and he sent me three to start and make sure that they turned out OK, so the other 7 might take few weeks to get. There will be 7 available for $15 each and $2.50 shipping.  If someone wants 2, the shipping will still only be $2.50.  If there's a need for more than 7 extra, the guy that's making them for me will make some more and you can get them directly from him (same price - $15 is what he quoted me).

If anybody wants one, send me a pm and we can set things up.

They have a plastic cover that peels off after the decal is aligned and applied, so it looks even better once it's stuck on something.

gallery_5608_781_15649.jpg

Bob

#9 thisoldcamper

thisoldcamper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationIrmo, SC

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

I have the rest of the decals now - 9 total available, if anybody wants one, or two, or all nine!

http://gallery_5608_781_27901.jpg

http://gallery_5608_781_24577.jpg

http://gallery_5608_781_92533.jpg

#10 Spike38

Spike38

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Nice Decals. How do I get two of these decals.

Thanks Mike C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users