Photo
- - - - -

Curious if anyone has looked at the new Colorado or Canyon?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

Foot print is nice and compact just a hair smaller than the Tundra in the numbers.
Z71 with V6 and locking diff, 5ft2in bed shows a 1590lbd max bed load rating.
Truck is 4380 curb weight with max Gross set at 6000lbs.

Curious what you experienced Camper haulin types think of this new "mid size" capacity?

This new offering plays in the Tundra space for capacity but starts to look attractive to the Tacoma types looking for a compact rig.

The 2.8L diesel will get me to the first GM dealer show room I have ever visited, simply out of pure curiosity. I can see this type of truck working for your typical dad living in major cities where a full size rig is a No go for daily life.

So whos looked at em?

#2 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

I looked online a few weeks ago at these. They look neat. The antenna is mounted in a terrible spot for overhead campers.

#3 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

Nothing a pair of wire snips cant fix. Lol but yes I agree.

#4 Texan76

Texan76

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

I just saw a new Colorado. Bad to the bone. It is the best midsized truck on the market.

I did though notice a potential problem with the truck when it comes to hauling a camper. There is a protrusion into the front left of the bed that looks like where the fuel neck is routed. This appears like it would be an obstacle to a camper. I wonder if the camper manufacturers can adapt their campers to address this?

Edited by Texan76, 31 October 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#5 Texan76

Texan76

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

Has anyone tried to mount a camper to the new Colorado? How is the fit?

I read that the new Colorado has a 1500 lb. payload. Should handle the weight without a problem. Just curious if that protrusion in the bed is an issue or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users