Photo
- - - - -

What do you think a 98 Grandby is worth?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

My well traveled Grandby is getting replaced so it is time to part ways with it but not sure what a fair price would be there days and would appreciate any feedback. It has had one lift panel replaced at FWC, other one is fine. Never have had any leaks and have been in some hellish weather. It is set up for boondocking meaning I removed the standard furnace and have a Wave 3 plumbed in, also took out the 3 way fridge and use a ARB 12v instead.  I have the originals, just been sitting for a few years. It has 5 solar panels for a total of 75w on the roof with a small controller. Two 6v cart batteries under the front right corner.  Has exterior hydraulic struts to help lift it, fantastic fan, water pump and on demand faucet. I also installed a 12v transfer pump accessible from the outside that serves as an exterior shower drawing water from a bucket or from a jerry can I carry on the rear bumper and the pump also transfers water from the cans into the on board water tank, saves one from holding a big jug up in the air and filling the tank that way, works great. No dinette inside it right now but I think I still have the table parts somewhere.  Lights are all LED, has an inverter, cabinets rebuilt. Needs a recover job on the upholstery. 

Any feedback appreciated.

DSCN0422-M.jpg

DSCN0426-M.jpg

Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#2 Mr. Vertical

Mr. Vertical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Location80461

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

Just a WAG on my part, Start @ $3750 & see if any takers, I have seen the late 90's Grandbys go for $500-$1500 around here (Colorado) but most were in rough shape. Good Luck with the Sale!

#3 riz

riz

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

I was gonna say somewhere between 3-5 grand depending on the condition. I bet you could get close to 5,000 for that camper.
It only takes an instant to make a footprint in the sand... It sometimes takes a lifetime to find the beach.

#4 Lotsapapa

Lotsapapa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNathrop,Co

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

I just looked at a $1500 wreck.
He hasn't use the furnace and three years or the water pump.
With everything that you have on your rig I wouldn't think twice about spending 3500.
Always start high and and let the negotiating begin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users