• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:54 AM

I know the website is aptly named Wander The West, but I'd like to call out to any and all FWC owners in the eastern USA. So everyone feel free to chime in, tell us where you're from or maybe where you are (hopefully not at home) what kind of rig are you driving and what are you carrying... What's your favorite color ? ...thanks

Hello my name is Dan and I am a FWC addict.
2012 F150 with a hopefully soon 2015 FWC Hawk.
Asheville NC

Edited by 100acrehuphalump, 08 January 2015 - 04:03 AM.

2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#2 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

I'm Charlie. I live in north metro Atlanta and just put a 2014 Eagle on a 2015 Taco. Before this I had an FJ Cruiser and towed an AT Chaser. I bought mine from AT in Prescott since I have dealt with them for years and they were actually the closest to me at the time. Photography and fly fishing are my major interests these days and I spend a lot of time in the Smokies and southern Utah.
Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#3 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

JD here and we live on the North side of Indianapolis, Indiana.  We took delivery of a 2014 Grandby on 8/1/2014 and it is on my 2013 F-250 long bed.  We plan on visiting every National Park during the coming years.  We like to spend time in Montana.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#4 wvtradbow

wvtradbow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

I'm Bill and live in WV about an hr south of Pittsburgh and I have a mid 80s Grandby (that's in the the process of a rebuild),I've had this camper since I believe the early 90s..I had some buddys that worked for FWC in Denver and on a elk hunting trip got to see my first FWC and had to have one,so eventually a used one showed up ,I got a call,called off work a couple days and me and another friend headed out to Denver..It has sat for quite a few years cause I got rid of my full size and got a small Toyota and had nothing to haul it on..So I was on the Expedition portal  then found this site and fell back in luv with it again..I just got an old F150 and have it tore down and doing a rebuild and hopefully I'll have both on the road by July..Great site BTW  :)

#5 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

We don't really qualify as we live about 3 miles west of the Mississippi in the Twin Cities but figured I would chime in anyway. From my vantage point, St Paul is east of the Mississippi, Minneapolis is west (for the most part anyway- the river takes a few turns going through the two cities). On this site I have joked that we live in the "mid" west. I guess you guys live in the "east" west. Looking forward to more trip reports from wandering the "east." :)

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#6 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,053 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

We are in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts near Vermont. We have a 2011 Eagle on a 2001 Tacoma. Most of our travels are into the great North Maine Woods... a very wild remote area. Lots of fly fishing, canoeing, bug swopping, and listening to wildlife. (no camp grounds in this private area....no nothing but logging and single primitive sites off log roads). Our Summer plans are for the lakes of southern Ontario. Have done many mods. Air foil,over the cab box, tripod solar panel, lift struts, etc... I love this camper and though it was -11 this morning here... we dream of the Spring and road trips.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2367.jpeg
  • IMG_2382.jpeg

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#7 bfh4n

bfh4n

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationLovingston, Virginia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

Bernard here. I'm in central Virginia, near Charlottesville. I got my Fleet last summer, on a '07 Tacoma.

We're planning a big trip through the West to California and back next summer. Also, a short visit to Illinois in April. Cape Lookout in North Carolina and Michigan's UP sometime in the next few years. But, my main interest is "wandering the West"!

2014 silver Fleet front-dinette

2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4WD TRD V6 6-speed

#8 iowahiker

iowahiker

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Locationiowa

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Another half-breed, we live 20 miles west of the Mississippi and 20 miles south of Minnesota in northeast Iowa.  We have traveled coast-to-coast and corner-to-corner (plus Canada) for over 30 years together just day hiking.  We never used vacation days in state while working and tent camped with our children everywhere.  The best part of Iowa is being in the middle of everything since we enjoy hiking the east as much as the west (two days driving to Appalachia, two days to Utah).  Greater Appalachia (Georgia to Maine) is our primary eastern destination with side trips to other hiking spots along the way but rarely the coast (other than visiting family on Long Island, NY).  This year we hope to hike in Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, and Kentucky during the first half and Canada, California, Nevada, and Utah in the second half (assuming my better half gets her passport in time).  

#9 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Jim, 15 miles east of the Mississippi.  2012 Ram 2500, standard cab, 8' bed, 1977 FWC Grandby.  Recently retired.  After 50+ years of backpacking/mountaineering, the Grandby is a HUGE upgrade.  Every year the ground gets a little harder!

I rarely get east of the UP.  Mostly wander the mountain west.  Currently waiting for Texas to warm up so I can escape the frozen tundra.

finally loaded.jpg

jim

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#10 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

Dan,

Nice idea for a post.  Hope they keep coming in.  Having a get together would be great.

JD

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users