#131 cerve137

cerve137

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

Count me in. Will be at Devil's Lake SP 6/3 & 6/4 before heading to the UP, Porcupine MT, Picture Rock, and Tecquemon SP for that week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Sounds like a great trip. Lake of the clouds? Keeweenaw peninsula? I think a Wisconsin rally of some sort would be a fantastic idea. 

#132 SailorRocco

SailorRocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

I'm from Long Island, New York and just picked up a 2011 Fleet and a 2012 Tundra last month. Loving the setup and will be using it for surfing and surf casting the island all summer. Trying to plan a few longer trips for the fall. Trying to make it to the mid-Atlantic expo in PA this year. Nice to see some people on this side of the country!
Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life.
Lawrence K. Fish

#133 fireball

fireball

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Locationcentral PA

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:49 PM

Sailor - any pics of your setup? Why did you choose the fleet over the hawk?

I'm about an hour away from the MAOF and went last year and had a good time. It's a really fun event.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

#134 SailorRocco

SailorRocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

Fireball- I bought the fleet used two months ago for my 2004 Tacoma dcsb because I couldn't find a used finch after a long time searching. After using as my daily driver for a few weeks with just timbrens installed I knew it wasn't going to be a good match in the long run. I ended up upgrading and buying a used 2012 to put the camper on and built a platform with storage to raise it above the bed rails. I'm sure I would have went with the hawk if I had know I was upgrading but I actually like the fit of the fleet on my tundra and I have been putting the extra bed space to good use for storage.
Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life.
Lawrence K. Fish

#135 MuleHawk

MuleHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

Hi MuleHawk - any photos of your setup? I have a 2012 Tundra and just bought a used 2014 Hawk. I am heading to pick it up over Memorial Day weekend. Was your hawk built for the Tundra, or do you have some type of spacer/riser system underneath? FWC tells me I need about a 2" riser to clear the bedsides of the Tundra.

MuleHawk2.jpg  Check out my gallery I have a couple more photos. My Hawk was built for a Tundra

Edited by MuleHawk, 05 May 2016 - 02:25 PM.

#136 SailorRocco

SailorRocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

My previous setup
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My setup now

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Lawrence K. Fish

#137 MuleHawk

MuleHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hello MuleHawk,
Enjoy the trip, been there done that and might do it again. If you are heading to MI have you given any thought of crossing Lake MI on the ferry? It leaves out of Manitowoc, WI. to Ludington, MI. The SS Badger connects US10 on each side.
Enjoy the trip and the FWC

Thanks! We've thought about it but it's a longer trip and we have two stops planned on the way up at Starved Rock SP in Illinois and Warren Dunes SP in Michigan

Edited by MuleHawk, 04 May 2016 - 12:26 AM.

#138 Rjensen219

Rjensen219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:26 PM

Virginia Beach, VA.
1989 Grandby that sits in a 2004 Silverado 1500 Z71. I haven't been west of the Mississippi with it yet (keyword-yet) but it certainly has been all over east of the Mississippi with the bass boat in tow.

#139 Opishing

Opishing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

Greetings, I have been dropping in to lurk for the past three years. I suppose I count as East of the Mississippi. South Porcupine, Ontario, Canada (Northern Ontario). 2013 Hawk on an F150 - built in California, exported to British Columbia, delivered to Goderich in South Western Ontario where I picked it up. From time of order to pick up, an impressive three months or so.

4wc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users